Component video or HDMI

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Component Video or HDMI

• Component

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • HDMI

Votes: 14 73.7%

• Total voters

noturbizniss

Original poster
Oct 30, 2006
I have just scheduled my cable installation appointment, and I am getting an HD box for my HDTV. The sales rep said, for the same price, I can get a box with either a component video connection, with which they supply the cables, or I can get an HDMI connection, buy the cables myself. Does anyone know if HDMI is significantly better on cablevision than component video....money is not the issue, but if I won't notice a difference, id rather not spend the money. Also, is there any difference in quality if i get dvr?

Last edited:
I have just scheduled my cable installation appointment, and I am getting an HD box for my HDTV. The sales rep said, for the same price, I can get a box with either a component video connection, with which they supply the cables, or I can get an HDMI connection, buy the cables myself. Does anyone know if HDMI is significantly better on cablevision than component video....money is not the issue, but if I won't notice a difference, id rather not spend the money. Also, is there any difference in quality if i get dvr?

hdmi is only available on the dvr

Unless he is going to use a DVI--->HDMI cable, but will still need the composite audio cables. Specification of which HD box would help, 8300 or 4200.

Unless he is going to use a DVI--->HDMI cable, but will still need the composite audio cables. Specification of which HD box would help, 8300 or 4200.

I cant stand it when people say HDMI is so much better. On my TV, pany 50". hdmi when not HD looks washed out, and the HD looks exactly the same with component and hdmi. people that say they can tell a difference are just trying to act "smart" and if you use HDMI, do not buy an expensive one, there is no difference.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts