Component Video Splitter?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

johnrobertbender

Original poster
Dec 8, 2004
I have what I consider to be a really nice home theater processor, the Sunfire Theater Grand Processor IV. It has 6 component video outputs, and I have 4 of these outputs utilized: satellite, x-box, DVD player, and karaoke player.

The problem: My Sony VEGA TV only 2 component video inputs.

Is there a way I can somehow connect these 4 outputs from my home theater to 2 TV inputs (without buying a new TV)?

THANKS

Welcome to SatelliteGuys.US, johnrobertbender! (maybe Bender for short ;)) :)

I'm a little confused, above by outputs do you really mean inputs? I can't see the A/V receiver outputting to your x-box... Also, I notice it has actually three component inputs and two outputs. It does have 6 other A/V inputs that take either S-Video or composite.

But regardless, you should just make a connection from one of the two component outputs of the Sunfire Theater Grand Processor IV (STGP IV) into one of the two component inputs of your TV. Do all the switching electronically with the A/V receiver. That way you get to see any of your four devices on the TV at any time. And one nice feature I see in the STGP IV is upconversion between composite, S-Video, and component. Mine doesn't do that. :)

Nice unit, I've been drooling over Sunfire's for years. I had one of the original Marantz receiver's that Carver designed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)