Concert a 211k to DVR question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Interchange EHDs?

If you have multiple 211Ks with the DVR function activated, can the EHD from one 211K be swapped to another 211K on the same account and used with no reformatting?

If you have multiple 211Ks with the DVR function activated, can the EHD from one 211K be swapped to another 211K on the same account and used with no reformatting?

I believe so but you can't hook it to a 622 or 722 and visa versa.

Yes, But if you want to put an external Hardrive on a 612,622,or 722 they you have to pay $40 again.
Wrong, It's one time fee of $39.99 for ALL VIP receivers on your account, no matter how many VIP receivers you have. I only paid one time and I have a 211k, 622 and a 722, all of them on a WD 1TB.

Wrong, It's one time fee of $39.99 for ALL VIP receivers on your account, no matter how many VIP receivers you have. I only paid one time and I have a 211k, 622 and a 722, all of them on a WD 1TB.

Not wrong. Maybe you got lucky and they did not charge you an additional fee for your 211K, but policy is two separate fees.

No its 2 different fees. And you must not have EHD because you would find out first hand that the 211 EHD won't work on a VIP DVR upon playback.
I know this for a FACT!

The 211 $39.99 fee is for DVR capability, the 612/622/722/722k $39.99 fee is for EHD archiving.

Two seperate functions, two seperate fees.

Is the 411 also able to DVR like the 211? If yes, after paying the 39.99 fee is there a monthly DVR also.

I only get a few channels now from Dish locals + portuguese pack (sports packages for NHL), but still want to be able to DVR.

As far as I know only the 211 and 211k have this function.
But once you pay the $40 there is no monthy dvr fees.

Walmart has a 1TB Seagate for only $99 right now.
Thats about 200 HD hours and 1000 SD.

Does the hard drive and 211 hook up by a USB cable? Can HD be passed by a USB cable? Do you use the 211's remote to change channels, record, etc? What size hard drive will work with the VIP 211K? Thanks.

Last edited:
Thee 411 IS actually the third receiver that can do the usb!

The 211 is a usb connection, the transfer is just data streams so HD/SD is not a factor. A single platter 50-1tb USB 2.0 Self powered external hard drive will work just fine.

Thee 411 IS actually the third receiver that can do the usb!

The 211 is a usb connection, the transfer is just data streams so HD/SD is not a factor. A single platter 50-1tb USB 2.0 Self powered external hard drive will work just fine.

What do you mean by self powered? I saw a Western Digital at Amazon, 500GB, 2.0 USB, with an AC adapter for $74 shipped. Does "AC adapter" mean I can use it AC powered or by USB? Is 2.0 USB what I need for my VIP211K? Thanks.

You need to have the EHD have it's own power supply, it can't use the USB connection for its power. So, the one with an AC adapter would be just fine.

Does the 211 DVR function just the same like my 722 does? For instance does it have the 1 hour buffer to go back when you are watching a live program? DVR menus look similar ect.

Does the 211 DVR function just the same like my 722 does? For instance does it have the 1 hour buffer to go back when you are watching a live program? DVR menus look similar ect.

I believe so. We have a 612 and a 211K w/DVR. The one thing I was surprised is VOD (video on demand) programing is only available on the 612 and not the 211K w/DVR.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)