Condo Balcony Installation

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

KaJ

Original poster
Sep 25, 2010
Carlsbad, CA
Got the approval from the HOA here to install a dish, but it cannot be mounted to the building. I ordered Choice Ultimate Whole House DVR HDTV and will be setup for 3 different rooms.

A couple questions (I have never had a Dish before):

1. Should I just cancel my order online and resubmit it with a local installer (Any recommendations for Carlsbad, CA)? Will I still get the rebates, free hd, free receivers, my referral rebate(10 off for 10 months), etc?

2. Do I have to buy my own Non-Penetrating Mount or Tripod prior to the install? If I do, then what should I get? They told me I will be getting a "Slimline Ka/Ku LNB SWM". I'm on the second floor that faces south, I know that it will need to be around 5-6 feet high to make sure it clears the trees (used the good old iPhone to check what direction it would point). I know the dish should work because one of our neighbors has a dish on a mount.

Just want to make sure everything works out.

Got the approval from the HOA here to install a dish, but it cannot be mounted to the building. I ordered Choice Ultimate Whole House DVR HDTV and will be setup for 3 different rooms.

A couple questions (I have never had a Dish before):

1. Should I just cancel my order online and resubmit it with a local installer (Any recommendations for Carlsbad, CA)? Will I still get the rebates, free hd, free receivers, my referral rebate(10 off for 10 months), etc?

2. Do I have to buy my own Non-Penetrating Mount or Tripod prior to the install? If I do, then what should I get? They told me I will be getting a "Slimline Ka/Ku LNB SWM". I'm on the second floor that faces south, I know that it will need to be around 5-6 feet high to make sure it clears the trees (used the good old iPhone to check what direction it would point). I know the dish should work because one of our neighbors has a dish on a mount.

Just want to make sure everything works out.

You could check with a local installer to see what they can offer you without canceling the D* install.
I don't know what the installers situation will be with a different type of mount your looking for.
You might want to inquire on your own to see what and where to get one.

In your situation, you might get better results checking with the local guy first.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts