Configuration editing

Brct203

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 24, 2016
Connecticut
I'm reloading my OsMio4k with TNAP 3.2. So far so good, I did a clean install, applied my custom satellite.xml, and tested a few things.

Now I know I can edit the channel list with dreamboxEdit, and also use that to create favorites.

But is there a way to edit the satellite configuration remotely - which LNB each sat uses, the diseqc details, the position number for diseqc 1.2, etc? Entering all that stuff via the remote is not exactly a fun exercise, and it would be so helpful if it could be done on the computer instead...

I'm reloading my OsMio4k with TNAP 3.2. So far so good, I did a clean install, applied my custom satellite.xml, and tested a few things.

Now I know I can edit the channel list with dreamboxEdit, and also use that to create favorites.

But is there a way to edit the satellite configuration remotely - which LNB each sat uses, the diseqc details, the position number for diseqc 1.2, etc? Entering all that stuff via the remote is not exactly a fun exercise, and it would be so helpful if it could be done on the computer instead...

Elbandido recommended not using dreamboxedit because it creates problems. I had issues crop up when I used it. There were some other editors that he recommended but I don't remember which one he was using.

Reactions: Brct203
You could edit the config file or restore from a back-up; otherwise, the remotefest ahead!
Are you referring to the file "settings" in /etc/enigma2 ? That seems to contain all the settings of the LNBs and Diseqc, with reference to the satellites by their Eastern longitude. Definitely interesting, but not the most intuitive. I could see lots of potential for errors if editing this manually.

Elbandido recommended not using dreamboxedit because it creates problems. I had issues crop up when I used it. There were some other editors that he recommended but I don't remember which one he was using.
I do get some occasional errors in dreamboxedit. Nothing that has created problems, but sometimes a bit annoying. Let me know if you remember what it was that El Bandido recommended

Thanks!

Are you referring to the file "settings" in /etc/enigma2 ? That seems to contain all the settings of the LNBs and Diseqc, with reference to the satellites by their Eastern longitude. Definitely interesting, but not the most intuitive. I could see lots of potential for errors if editing this manually.

I do get some occasional errors in dreamboxedit. Nothing that has created problems, but sometimes a bit annoying. Let me know if you remember what it was that El Bandido recommended

Thanks!
Yes settings file.Copy and paste the nims with notepad++
As for channels and bouquets transfer from etc/enigma2- from other image. bouquets.radio, bouquets.tv, lamedb, lamedb5, userbouquets.fav.radio and userbouquets.fav.tv.
You need to telnet "init 4" stop enigma>transfer files then " init 3" restart enigma.

Yes settings file.Copy and paste the nims with notepad++
As for channels and bouquets transfer from etc/enigma2- from other image. bouquets.radio, bouquets.tv, lamedb, lamedb5, userbouquets.fav.radio and userbouquets.fav.tv.
You need to telnet "init 4" stop enigma>transfer files then " init 3" restart enigma.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Just to verify:
So I can put copies of bouquets.radio, bouquets.tv, lamedb, lamedb5, userbouquets.fav.radio and userbouquets.fav.tv. from my TNAP to another slot Image without problems?

Should I still Blind Scan all the Sats before inserting the files mentioned above?

Is entering "Standby" from the "Menu" equivalent to init4 by telnet?

I use FileZilla in Linux to move the files around.

I don't know about anyone else but after a suggestion in another forum to try E-Channelizer. I'm hooked. It works very well and is very stable. I've become "just ok" with the Enigma2 file system.Many out there have assisted in helping me. The bottom line is some of the Satellites.xml configurations that are written from a blind scan are not covered in web docs that I have found.
Things like display settings showing the time or channel are found out by digging.
And the whole mess of remote key mapping that OpenATV has down very well to mimic every standard TV remote out there, that others have you going all over the place to do the simplest functions in different images....OpenATV has it down pat.
I've learned how to decompile some of the file system files and Linux recompiles them.
Also finding out that some Linux terminal functions require a package download to extend the commands.
I just want to use my receiver. And enjoy watching TV. And most importantly not having to learn and then teach the xyl how to change to a different satellite (bouquet) IF I decide to slot to another image. And how to scroll channels up/down.
All of my channels are properly named and my pc based sub directory of picons images named accordingly and E-Channelizer works like a peach. Since the day I started using it. The free version.

Reactions: armadillo_115

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)