Configuration Question 942 for OTA Only

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

sixbears

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Dec 6, 2003
Wyoming, NY
Hey guys,

Have a question regarding my 942. In the past, I had a 942, 822 and 501 connected thru a DPP44 with power inserter to a SuperDish connected to 110, 119, 121, & 61.5. I have since sold the 811 & 502. Looks like the power inserter has failed (942 will not pass switch test).

My question is......I want to use the 942 as a OTA DVR. The system requires an active Dish signal in order to use the 942's OTA capability. I removed the power inserter and everything is working fine. However, this configuration is most likely overtaxing the 942's power supply and some time in the future I will be looking at a filure of the 942 from what I understand.

The only available channels of interest in this configuration would be 101 (like watching tech chat) NASA (not available via my cable connection and HD Demo channel (just to have another HD channel).

So, to protect my 942, my thought would be to just connect the 119 LNB to my 942 and bypass the DPP44. This configuration would reduce the load on my 942's power supply while still offering me channels 101 and NASA and a active signal to the 942 so that the OTA capability will operate.

Does this sound like the best configuation for the operation I am attempting.

Thanks!

Sounds like a plan, you don't have to be subbed to see the sat and the 942 should work ota then.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts