Configuration Questions

herzzreh

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 2, 2005
Hi... I have my own dish (80cm required here). I want to hook up a regular ird in one room and a dual-tuner DVR in another room.
1) What kind of LNB would I need to get?
2) Any switches? thanks

Welcome to SatelliteGuys... dishnet or E* lnb's are "D" shaped Directtv or D* lnb's mounts are rectangular. You are talking sd (standard definetion) right? (althoght it does not matter) you would be better off with a dish 500 dish to get 110 and 119 (2 sats) and a dpp34 or 44 switch. You were talking new receivers right?(dp compatableA)

dfergie said:
Welcome to SatelliteGuys... dishnet or E* lnb's are "D" shaped Directtv or D* lnb's mounts are rectangular. You are talking sd (standard definetion) right? (althoght it does not matter) you would be better off with a dish 500 dish to get 110 and 119 (2 sats) and a dpp34 or 44 switch. You were talking new receivers right?(dp compatableA)

Thank you.

Dish 500 is too small for my location (I'm in Alaska).

Actually what I was thinking was getting the Wave Frontier toroidal antenna (worked fine for me down south), hooking up a dual LNB for 119 and a dual for 110 (Not using Dishnet LNBs). I already have the Dish 625 receiver. So how would I combine those 4 outputs to plug them into receivers two tuners (I still want each tuner to be able to tune independently both 110 and 119)?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts