Confirm equipment with installer when he calls to confirm the dish appointment (especially Duo Nodes

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

sparc

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 24, 2006
If you need a duo node for your system, i'd suggest making sure it's on the truck ahead of time. It might save you a lot of hassle with rescheduling. Luckily my installer was able to get one by the afternoon, so no huge time waste for me.

I would really even re-check the whole order over the phone with the tech: hoppers, joeys, nodes, dish (and the optional HIC if needed for your install).

If you need a duo node for your system, i'd suggest making sure it's on the truck ahead of time. It might save you a lot of hassle with rescheduling. Luckily my installer was able to get one by the afternoon, so no huge time waste for me.

I would really even re-check the whole order over the phone with the tech: hoppers, joeys, nodes, dish (and the optional HIC if needed for your install).

the same thing happened to me. 8:00 am appointment, he finally showed up @ 2:30 pm with DuoNode, left @ 10:00 pm

At my office we only had six duo nodes and might be out now. I had a 2h3j job on Tuesday the duo node changed hands like four times as routes got changed.
Sent from my Windows Phone using Board Express

how are we suppose to know what they need? Also I would be happy to just get a call, suppose to be here between 8:00-12:00 today. It is 11:51 now and not so much as a phone call, I was told I would get a call with a closer time, but nothing. I really hate Dish installers in my area, this isn't the first time. I miss the days of buying your equipment up town and installing it your self......

how are we suppose to know what they need? Also I would be happy to just get a call, suppose to be here between 8:00-12:00 today. It is 11:51 now and not so much as a phone call, I was told I would get a call with a closer time, but nothing. I really hate Dish installers in my area, this isn't the first time. I miss the days of buying your equipment up town and installing it your self......

You can still buy your own equipment and install it. That's never changed. If you're ok spending around a $1000 then go right ahead.

how are we suppose to know what they need?
Post a separate thread with what you currently have. How your current wiring is laid out. Where your router is, etc. Pictures would even help.

The folks here should be able to give you an approximate idea what you need. It may not be exact. your tech might encounter some difficulties and you may need to be flexible. However, it's only going to help if they actually have most of the stuff on the actual truck when they come.

We've seen issues where some techs don't figure out the duo nodes until half way through the install. That could potentially leave you with some TVs not connected for a night since they'll leave you with a solo node until they can fix it (if they don't have it in-stock that same day).

I had the same problem. Was supposed to get 2h/2j on March 16. Tech shows up on time and says he doesn't have a duo node. Why bother showing up? He came back on March 18 and proceeded to screw up the Joey install by activating them simultaneously. Install finally completed on March 20 and system has been pretty good since.

another person confirming that at least some areas are still very limited on duo node availability:

Lastly, if there's one Hopper on a work order we're very unlikely to be carrying a duo node. Dish seems to be short on them. My office of 40~ tech has 20 duo nodes for this week.

Duo nodes should be available to most people by now. We have not had many issues agetting any. We go through a distributor though, not sure if that makes a difference.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)