Confirmation of CBS-HD feeds @ 105?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
G

Original poster
In another thread said:
Both channels are being uplinked to 105.

Scott -

Have you (or has anyone here) actually been able to receive CBS-HD from 105? I have 148 for HBO/SHO and just subbed to WCBS-DT in anticipation of 105. ;) I want to know whether to start setting up a "poor man's Superdish" yet.

Thanks,
Peter

Are you getting both east and west coast feeds?

I was wondering if both east and west coast feeds are available on the 105 satelite? Also, will Dish let you have both?

Yes both East and West Feeds are up there, however I am not sure if you can get both (would be cool if you could!)

Claude Greiner said:
Yea, you can get both east and west HD CBS Feeds

I think it depends on the CSR you get. When I called I told the CSR that I have 2 buildings on my property, one of which has a sight line only to 148 & the other only to 61.5 (didn't mention that I have no 61.5 dish on the 2nd...;)).

I was told I'd have to choose. My main objective was to get the East coast feed (I get CBS west OTA from SF), so I didn't push it. With the 921's single OTA tuner, though, having both via sat. could be handy. Guess I'll call back & try again. :)

I was told that by law you are alllowed only two feed for each network, so if you get CBS SD and CBS HD, you could not add another CBS HD unless you dropped the CBS SD.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Yes both East and West Feeds are up there, however I am not sure if you can get both (would be cool if you could!)

They're both listed on my bill, so I hope I can get both whenever I get a Superdish.

--- WCS

New Monthly Charge(s) Service from: 11/07 to 12/06

AMERICA'S EVERYTHING PAK-INCLUDES AT150 PLUS 4

PREMIUM MOVIE PACKAGES, LOCALS

ADDL RECEIVER ACCESS FEE

ADDL RECEIVER ACCESS FEE

CBS HIGH DEFINITION EAST

CBS HIGH DEFINITION WEST

SHIPPING CHARGE

Account Charges $ 103.91
Total $ 103.91

jerryez said:
I was told that by law you are alllowed only two feed for each network, so if you get CBS SD and CBS HD, you could not add another CBS HD unless you dropped the CBS SD.

Naw, I've had four at one time for CBS and three for the other networks at one time: New York SD (all), New York HD CBS, Atlanta SD (all), Los Angeles SD (all). You can only have two distant nets but you can add one local package to that and HD copies of SD channels don't count against you.

--- WCS

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts