Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
*** THIS RUMOR HAS BEEN CONFIRMED ***
*** PLEASE SEE http://www.satelliteguys.us/showpost.php?p=728942&postcount=19 FOR MORE INFO ***

This is just a rumor, but I am hearing that the Dish Network Holiday Channel (which will be uplinked this week) will ONLY be available to AT180 subscribers.

Let's hope this one is NOT true.

Just passing along what I am hearing.

Last edited:
If Charlie does this then I think we should start a new tradition and call him a grinch every year when the channel gets put on. It's not like people are going to subscribe to AT180 just to get that channel. This is one of the stupiDish things I have heard in a LONG time! He has GOT to be greedy to pull something like this off. He can't even give everybody the holiday channel this time of the year anymore. Ho ho ho scrooge!

If Charlie does this then I think we should start a new tradition and call him a grinch every year when the channel gets put on. It's not like people are going to subscribe to AT180 just to get that channel. This is one of the stupiDish things I have heard in a LONG time! He has GOT to be greedy to pull something like this off. He can't even give everybody the holiday channel this time of the year anymore. Ho ho ho scrooge!
i agree i plan on adding the same holiday note i did last year
seen here
http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=50084&highlight=holiday+note
it may be old but still has merit

That is very weak. beg us to write our elected officials so we can save them from losing a boatload of subscribers to D* over the DNS issue. then say thanks by not giving out a holiday channel that must cost them next to nothing? 'tis the season :up

Well unfortunatelly I am told its not a rumor, I guess its listed in the Retailer Facts Blast (I have not got mine yet to see it)

However some good news there will be 2 Holiday Channels available if you have AT120.

Continuous Christmas music will be broadcast on two SIRIUS channels through Christmas Day, December 25: StarLite (ch 2) (DISH ch 6002) will play traditional and contemporary Christmas holiday music, and The Roadhouse (ch 62) (DISH ch 6062) will feature holiday country music.

Well unfortunatelly I am told its not a rumor, I guess its listed in the Retailer Facts Blast (I have not got mine yet to see it)

However some good news there will be 2 Holiday Channels available if you have AT120.

Continuous Christmas music will be broadcast on two SIRIUS channels through Christmas Day, December 25: StarLite (ch 2) (DISH ch 6002) will play traditional and contemporary Christmas holiday music, and The Roadhouse (ch 62) (DISH ch 6062) will feature holiday country music.
I think there is gonna be a third sirius channel playing christmas music

SIRIUS HOLIDAY (Starlite 2) – Holiday hits mixed with selected traditional favorites as sung by Nat “King” Cole, Paul McCartney, Bing Crosby, Elton John, Frank Sinatra, Mariah Carey and many more, plus SIRIUS listeners’ holiday messages and greetings from Santa Claus himself.

CHRISTMAS COUNTRY (The Roadhouse 62) – Heartfelt versions of holiday favorites by country music’s biggest stars, including Martina McBride, George Strait, Alabama and Garth Brooks, in addition to some newer country holiday songs that are sure to become classics.

CLASSICAL CHRISTMAS (SIRIUS Pops 86) –Traditional holiday music from the Renaissance to the modern day, including performances of Christmas carols and seasonal classics by the world’s leading orchestras, choirs and opera stars, along with, of course, enduring holiday masterpieces such as Handel’s Messiah and Tchaikovsky’s Nutcracker.

Well folks it is NOT a rumor.

As soon as I posted my above message the facts blast showed up in mymailbox.

Below is a screen shot of the graphic from the factsblast.

I guess the bright side is its not one channel but two channels of Holiday Music which means people with the top 180 will get 4 Holiday Channels this year to choose from.

Attachments

• holiday.jpg
    holiday.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 540
Regarding the holiday channel on 982 I don't think this is fair to people that doesn't have the 180 pack.Why would they do this?