CONFIRMED Dish Holiday Channel Rumor

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Are these Holiday channels permanent, or are they just for Christmas? I see Muzak has holiday music available on these channels year round for all Holidays.

I was wondering the same thing, I was wanting some Halloween music and then when I saw that I was like thanks Dish for not giving us this! It may be something new Muzak is doing with these two new channels that will change themes given the holiday and they are limiting them to 180.

Maybe E* feels that certain holiday music is offensive to those who don't celebrate those holidays. As a result E* figures the less people with access to these channels, the less people they will potentially offend. ;)

...totally kidding btw...

The Sirus channels was my error. :)

The bad date in the Facts Blast is from Dish. It was it was sent out to retailers TODAY.

If satelliteguys has the holiday music channel this year then there will probably be more listeners.

Does Directv require a basic package to get a holiday channel or do they not have one each year like Dish does?

Yep, it is stupiDish. The channels mean nothing to me, as an HD-Platinum sub. I've been with E* for 8 years and I've never tuned into a holiday channel yet. But it is petty and stupid for E* not to provide them to all subs.

Does Directv require a basic package to get a holiday channel or do they not have one each year like Dish does?

I haven't had directv for a long time but as far as I know they have never offered one I guess because music choice already had a holiday channel. When USSB was around they offered a holiday channel to everyone, even directv subs that did not subscribe to anything on USSB.

Just got this in from one of our members...

I am sorry for the confusing information. The Dish Network CD Holiday Music Channel will be in free access (Ch. 982) beginning Wednesday, November 22nd.

The Sirius Music Channels are restricted to the T180 only. So, you are able to listen to your favorite holiday music on Dish. I hope this clears up the situation. Have a great Holiday Season!

Frank Barcia
Executive Communications

This only adds more confusion as 1) Sirius music Channels are available in AT120 and above, not 180.

2) Again the email which I posted to the retailers says the two Muzak Holiday Channels will only be available in the top 180 or higher. Why would they go out of their way to mention that in a communication which was sent to retailers today.

Only reporting the information I am getting.

Guess we will see tommorow. Personally I hope it is available for all. :)

Muzak is stupid - most of the channels are available FTA but on dish receivers if you're a paying customer with AT60 you don't get em.

Stupid stupid stupid.

*edit* actually, what's beyond me is why they don't make all the music channels free and simply put advertising on them for people without AT180 or whatever, that would be cool and they'd make more money. :hungry:

The whole delay and confusion over this is absolutely ridiculous. It seems that it would be very easy for them to just switch this thing on for everyone, especially if they've done it for years.

This is the first time in months that I've been jealous of my friends with Comcast. Their Sounds of the Season MusicChoice has been pouring out the Christmas Tunes for a few weeks now.

Good job E* :up </sarcasm>

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)