Confused about Comcast

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bryan27

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 5, 2004
Walsingham, ON
Comcast has to have the most confusing website. I don't actually know what is available. Is HD service available everywhere?

When I look at their What's In My Area section, one page says they have HDTV and the channels on my system are:

202-ESPN-HD
205-Discovery-HD
206-iN Demand 1-HD
207-iN Demand 2-HD
208-WTOV9 Weather Plus (actually SD)
210-WTAE-HD
211-WTOV-HD (actually an SD upconvert)
213-WPGH-HD
220-WQED-HD

In teeny tiny letters at the bottom of the line up it says:
Not all channels available in all areas

Okay, well if they aren't available why are the channels listed in the line up?

Then when I get to the order page it says:

High Definition Television $0.00

And that only Comcast Cable Service, Comcast Digital Cable, Comcast High-Speed Internet are available (and the address thing isn't even sure if internet is available).

Again why are the HD channels listed in my local line up?

During a brief instant of insanity I was actually considering going to Comcast for HDTV. Now I'm just more confused. I may as well just forget about it since it's only 4 channels (I get the locals they have and many locals they don't).

bryan27 said:
Comcast has to have the most confusing website. I don't actually know what is available. Is HD service available everywhere?

When I look at their What's In My Area section, one page says they have HDTV and the channels on my system are:

202-ESPN-HD
205-Discovery-HD
206-iN Demand 1-HD
207-iN Demand 2-HD
208-WTOV9 Weather Plus (actually SD)
210-WTAE-HD
211-WTOV-HD (actually an SD upconvert)
213-WPGH-HD
220-WQED-HD

In teeny tiny letters at the bottom of the line up it says:
Not all channels available in all areas

Okay, well if they aren't available why are the channels listed in the line up?

Then when I get to the order page it says:

High Definition Television $0.00

And that only Comcast Cable Service, Comcast Digital Cable, Comcast High-Speed Internet are available (and the address thing isn't even sure if internet is available).

I had to call to get a true idea of what was really there.. The page didnt even list WPGH for me, but its there.. Plus they just added TNT-HD.

Yeah they confused the hell out of me as well. What I thought I was getting was not entirely what I got. I didn't realize that when I ordered the gold package that I also had to get the ala carte items to get everything according to their website. My wife was not too happy when I found out I wasn't getting Nick Too, Discovery Home and others because they were part of the Digital Plus package.

Zombie, are you also getting WTOV or is it replaced by WPXI? WPXI does a much better job at HD than WTOV. How much is the package? I doubt it is really $0.00 Also how would you compare their STB with VOOM's STB in functionality and ease of use?

Comcast's website does not give you accurate product availability. The web site told me that HD was not available in my area, so I clicked on something to let me know when it would be available. I then upgraded to HD a month later. About 10 months after that, they sent me an e-mail telling me that HD was now available in my area.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)