Confused about fta channels...?!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jamie7823

Original poster
Sep 24, 2008
Im about to buy an FTA reciever and everyone i know locally says dish 500 with dish pro lnb has the biggest selection on stations and im clueless. If I buy a wineguard dish will i be able to recieve the same programming as i would with a dish 500 with pro lnb?? I know from the wineguard dishes ive looked at they have like 1 lnb and dish has dual lnbs. I have searched the forums over for an answer but every post kinda dodges my question.

thanks in advance

edit:

I see the channel list. I guess whats confused me is that i work for directv and our lnbs have build in multi switches wich makes them a little different from other lnbs. A better question would be will a wineguard dish pick up the 110 and 119 satellites having 1 lnb or would i have to buy 2 wineguards..

Last edited:
not dodging the question

Well, first of all, FTA is -not- the reception of pay-TV channels from such carriers as Dish Network or DirecTV.
If you want those services and channels, you can contact either company, subscribe, and they will furnish everything you need.

FTA collectively is a lot of unencrypted Ku-band and C-band satellite channels, some of which are meant for end users without cost.
They may as their primary function be the feeds to remote TV stations as with Equity Broadcasting, and their Retro (RTN) stations.

Others are religious providers, reaching their flocks.
Then, there is PBS.
Most all the major US networks can be found, if you are willing to look carefully.
These are just a few of the things found on FTA.

Here are several lists of the many things found FTA:
- simplistic list by language (Ku only)
- SatelliteGuy's own The List, a more comprehensive and technical list of Ku & C-band
- Global-CM has both Ku and C band
- there is always Lyngsat web site, with North American and Atlantic lists

What you won't find are HBO, Speed Channel, Showtime, and many other programs usually associated with "cable" service.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-ai...atellite-tv-you-will-get-you-banned-life.html

Last edited:
I guess whats confused me is that i work for directv and our lnbs have build in multi switches wich makes them a little different from other lnbs.

That's exactly what confused me too :eek: , the fact that you work for Directv and ask about using a FTA receiver with 110 and 119.

True FTA is alot of fun .........

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts