Confused by Dish billing/rcvr upgrade

catnap1972

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 26, 2004
Central Pennsylvania
Last night, I called in and had them do an upgrade (DIU) for a 4000 receiver to a 510. They took down whatever information they needed (CC#) and said it'd be 7-10 days for delivery. I check my account today and find that they took 50.00 off the monthly bill (it's just listed as "payment-thank you"). Is this what they normally do with a receiver swap-out (ie they'll tack the 50.00 back on when they ship the "new" receiver out) or is something amiss here?

FWIR, the $50 is the standard "upgrade fee". You will get $25 of it back when you ship the 4000 receiver back to Dish. I'm sure someone will correct me on this, but I believe you are now leasing the 510...and do not own it.

I know about all that...I was asking why did the $50 they used my CC for go towards the monthly bill and seemingly not the receiver swap (unless, like I said, they're going to add the $50 onto my account for the receiver once it ships).

SummitAdvantageRetailer said:
You'll see a $50 upgrade fee when you see your next bill, assuming the upgrade went through. So don't sweat about it, it'll be on your bill to offset the $50 pre-payment. :)

That's what I'd figured...just wanted to confirm. You never can tell with Dish (where a broken receiver programming credit that was supposed to be $3.70 turned out to be closer to 6 bucks off--not complaining though ;) )