Confused on mixed arc installation

pitstop66

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 24, 2011
midwest
After reading several posts in this forum, I am questioning whether my installation was done correctly.

I originally had dish 500, sats 110 and 119. When I upgraded to HD (VIP622), the tech was unable to get a signal for 129, due to a wooded area next to my house. He came back later, and installed a second dish pointed east for 61.5. Now I have 110/119/61.5, with 2 dishes.

I am wondering if I should request changed to 61.5, 72, 77 if I am missing some channels.

BTW, I have Chicago local channels.

yes you should change to Eastern Arc if you cant see 129

Is the 622 the only receievr on the account? If so you can upgrade to EA. Best thing to do is PM a DIRT (Dish IRT) member. They can help ya out

Chicago is a dual arc market. His HD locals are on 61.5 & 129
(per his original post...BTW, I have Chicago local channels.)

So subcontractor shows up today, " I reviewed the work order and we do not support EA and do not carry EA dishes, you will have to have a pole mount in the middle of the yard for WA or keep what you have, what do you want?". My reply I don't own the property, no digging. He said we are only WA area, I said my locals are Chicago, I can have EA.

Then I said know how this works and I want EA. He said he is just a peon and a messenger from his boss. After a phone call to someone , he is going to see if he can find an EA dish and call me later.

Last edited:
Thanks Matt and Zach,
I will give this guy a couple days first to see what happens. It was just awful that I knew more about Dish and the system than him.

He also did not like the fact that I may become a remote in his area in the future. "Why would you work for these guys in house, rather than be a subcontractor?"

So subcontractor shows up today, " I reviewed the work order and we do not support EA and do not carry EA dishes, you will have to have a pole mount in the middle of the yard for WA or keep what you have, what do you want?". Then I said know how this works and I want EA. He said he is just a peon and a messenger from his boss. After a phone call to someone , he is going to see if he can find an EA dish and call me later.

After seeing what some subcontractors try to pull, it amazes me these guys actually get work from Dish. I would almost lay dollars to donuts the guy worked for "Pauls TV". I have dealt with a lot of their installs and I'll tell you what, (maybe not ALL of them that work for Pauls TV, but the majority) these HACKS are the worst friggin excuse for an installer I have ever seen. These morons will point a 110, 119 dish dead nuts into a tree and then put a 61.5 wing dish pointing straight into a house, both dishes being on a 1 cinder block with the mast screwed to it with 3 tap cons! I had to go to this house for a service call/pole mount. I could not even begin to describe to my boss the way this install was done. Thankfully I had a trainee with me to verify the sh*t work these guys do. And that's just ONE of their jobs. If you ever get to Illinois and see every dish installed on the peak of a house, 1 story, 2 story or 3 story, yep, Pauls TV! MORONS!!!!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)