Congrats to Miguel Cabrera!

Peter Parker

Formerly Geronimo
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 9, 2003
It is not every day that someone wins a Triple Crown! heck it has not happened in 45 years but Miguel Cabrera has done it but it is receiving very little notice---and some of it negative.

I am a lifelong BoSox fan and I even named my dog Yaz after the previous (1967) Triple Crown winner but I still think that Cabrera deserves some praise for this. :cheers::cheer2:

He got all sorts of credit on ESPN Radio yesterday. Congrats to Cabrera. He deserves to win the AL MVP.

I remember Yaz getting the last Triple Crown in 1967. Being young, I thought it was commonplace.

congrats! and it brings back great memories from that awesome trade the marlins made when they gave up Cabrera for...... hmmmm i forget the nobodies we got in return. :haha

He got all sorts of credit on ESPN Radio yesterday. Congrats to Cabrera. He deserves to win the AL MVP.

I remember Yaz getting the last Triple Crown in 1967. Being young, I thought it was commonplace.

:eek: i didn't know Yaz was that old?? and a ex pro baseball player? ;)

Glad he is getting some notice but not enough. Oh to be young again, Robinson won in 66 so it was almost commonplace.

I have heard about him being close for at least a month.

Congrats to a great player.

I guess that these days we are all skeptical of every achievement in baseball. But these numbers don't seem way out of line in view of his past production and I don't see the usual signs of steroid/HGH abuse. Here's hoping that i don't get my illusions shattered again.

Last edited:
Congrats to Miggy on a great season. Like it's namesake in horse racing, I was starting to wonder if I'd ever see another one (I was all of 1 years old when Yaz won in '67).

I grew up watching Yaz in his "twilight" years, and it was nice to hear that Captain Carl congratulated Cabrera.

Who and the heck said you can have both Twinkies and beer. ;)

This kid did. Cigs too. Whatcha going to do about it??

tumblr_lz0y53LmwF1r9nezko1_500.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)