Congrats to the Giants

Guys since the game is our topic, would you all be as kind to answer a question for me?

I didn't know that video replay could be used to "call" a penalty. I have always thought that a challange and the video replay were to be used to dispute a call. If the officals did not see the 12th man on the field and did not make the call, it should have been left at that. Now the way I look at it, if a coach sees an offensive lineman holding and the officals miss it, he can throw the challange flag and say "number 75 was holding, why don't you take a look at it and see what you think." I know that is waaaay out there, but that's the way I feel after seeing what happened tonight. Educate me guys.

For the record, I am not a fan of video replay.

Guys since the game is our topic, would you all be as kind to answer a question for me?

I didn't know that video replay could be used to "call" a penalty. I have always thought that a challange and the video replay were to be used to dispute a call. If the officals did not see the 12th man on the field and did not make the call, it should have been left at that. Now the way I look at it, if a coach sees an offensive lineman holding and the officals miss it, he can throw the challange flag and say "number 75 was holding, why don't you take a look at it and see what you think." I know that is waaaay out there, but that's the way I feel after seeing what happened tonight. Educate me guys.

For the record, I am not a fan of video replay.

12 men on the field isn't a judgment call like other penalties, it's something that can be easily reviewed and has been done before this season (Vikings/Skins game). A legal number of people on the field is reviewable:

Wikipedia said:
The NFL replay system currently only covers the following situations:

* Scoring plays (except field goals)
* Pass complete/incomplete/intercepted
* Runner/receiver out of bounds
* Recovery of a loose ball in or out of bounds
* Touching of a forward pass, either by an ineligible receiver or a defensive player
* Quarterback pass or fumble
* Illegal forward pass
* Forward or backward pass
* Runner ruled not down by contact
* Forward progress in regard to a first down
* Touching of a kick
* Other plays involving placement of the football
* Whether a legal number of players are on the field at the time of the snap

Instant replay - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Grats to the Giants, and what a great game, unfortunately this season will only be remembered for dogfighting and Mike Vick instead of a historic 19-0 Patriots team. Some great accomplishments and records, but until anyone gets close to them again in a year or two this whole season will be forgotten outside of Giants fans.

- a Chiefs fan

THAT, last night, is why you play the game. Both in college an pro football....I have seen WAY TOO MANY teams anoited "one of the greatest teams...."...blah, blah, blah.... Then what happens, come the BIG GAME...and they turn to....please MODS, excuse the language here....they turn to sh*t! I had mentioned in a sports thread somewhere, that during the regular season, you can have a great, amazing year....but if you don't with the BIG ONE...you will be an afterthought! HOW many times IN A ROW did the BUffalo Bills go to the Super Bowl....?? FIVE times....NEVER done before....do you hear about those teams now? NOPE! 2 teams have gone 15-1 since the NFL went to a 16 games season....and NONE have won the Super Bowl! Can ya name them without googling? So for ALL the "experts" that the Giants had no chance....in a ONE GAME playoff/championship/elimination game.....ANYTHING can happen....

NO ONE has ever won a championship of ANY kind...on paper.

Again, that is why the game is played.....

unfortunately this season will only be remembered for dogfighting and Mike Vick instead of a historic 19-0 Patriots team. Some great accomplishments and records, but until anyone gets close to them again in a year or two this whole season will be forgotten outside of Giants fans.

I don't agree. When a team does pull off the historic perfect season and top the 72 Dolphins, it will undoubtedly overshadow this season. But this season will still be remembered for how the Patriots had an excellent chance to get it done this year, but had it taken away by an underdog. :)

....HOW many times IN A ROW did the BUffalo Bills go to the Super Bowl....?? FIVE times....NEVER done before....do you hear about those teams now? NOPE! .....

You're wrong on that point - the Bills' infamous losses in five Superbowls are frequently brought up in the media when the SuperBowl rolls around. :) And again, as much as their fans would like to forget it, the 2007-08 Patriots will be remembered because the went undefeated during the regular season, made it to the Superbowl, and lost to an underdog.

HOW many times IN A ROW did the BUffalo Bills go to the Super Bowl....?? FIVE times....NEVER done before....do you hear about those teams now? NOPE!

You're wrong on that point - the Bills' infamous losses in five Superbowls are frequently brought up in the media when the SuperBowl rolls around. :) And as much as their fans would like to forget it, the 2007-08 Patriots will be remembered because the went undefeated during the regular season, made it to the Superbowl, and lost to an underdog.

First off, the Bills only lost 4 in a row, not 5.

Answer to your question Salsa is Redskins (Oh man do I remember that team) and 49ers.........Both those teams went 18-1 and won the Super Bowl.

First off, the Bills only lost 4 in a row, not 5.

Answer to your question Salsa is Redskins (Oh man do I remember that team) and 49ers.........Both those teams went 18-1 and won the Super Bowl.

If we're into correcting numbers.... the Redskins never went 18-1. Their best season was 17-2. The Bears and 49ers are the only two teams to go 18-1 and win the SB.

There have been other teams to go 15-1 and not win the big game.

Congrats to the Giants with special shout out to the their defensive live. I guess its true that defense really does win championships! :)

Did anyone else notice the camera shots to Tom Brady after an incomplete pass? It looked like he was about to cry.... :D

The Giants had the perfect game plan. The Pats weaknesses were exposed by the Ravens, then the Chargers, but they couldn't score enough to win. The Giants had just enough offense to put them over the top. The free ride for the Brady Bunch is over now, cuz the whole league has their number.

HOW many times IN A ROW did the BUffalo Bills go to the Super Bowl....?? FOUR times....NEVER done before....do you hear about those teams now? NOPE! 2 teams have gone 15-1 since the NFL went to a 16 games season....and NONE have won the Super Bowl! Can ya name them without googling? So for ALL the "experts" that the Giants had no chance....in a ONE GAME playoff/championship/elimination game.....ANYTHING can happen....

NO ONE has ever won a championship of ANY kind...on paper.

Again, that is why the game is played.....

I fixed that for you.
The redskins did it. 91-92 season :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts