Connect Dish DVR 942 to Infocus 4805 Projector

bmarkel

Original poster
Mar 29, 2005
I have been having difficulty hooking up my 4805 to the Dish DVR 942. I currently have it connected using the component cables but can't get the M1 to HDMI cable to get anything but a black screen. I have talked to both Dish and Infocus with no luck. Has anyone had any success with this combination? What cable worked?

Thanks

Bob

Welcome to SatelliteGuys!

Are you using the Infocus M1-HDMI adapter (Infocus part number SP-HDMI-ADPT) with your own HDMI cable? This set up should work. You might want to try a different HDMI cable.

ats7627 said:
Welcome to SatelliteGuys!
Are you using the Infocus M1-HDMI adapter (Infocus part number SP-HDMI-ADPT) with your own HDMI cable? This set up should work. You might want to try a different HDMI cable.

When I called Infocus to order their adapter they said they didn't have it in stock. I used an adapter from DVIgear.

HDMI DVI M1 ...etc

I'm trying a similar setup. I am using the HDMI to DVI adapter that came with the DVR-942, with a DVI cable. I then have a M1DA to DVI adapter that goes into the projector. The M1-DVI adapter was purchased from a 3rd party, not Infocus.
Might this be a firmware issue, or do i need a different combination of cables/adapters?

lavitus said:
I'm trying a similar setup. I am using the HDMI to DVI adapter that came with the DVR-942, with a DVI cable. I then have a M1DA to DVI adapter that goes into the projector. The M1-DVI adapter was purchased from a 3rd party, not Infocus.
Might this be a firmware issue, or do i need a different combination of cables/adapters?

I have tried this same setup in the past with no luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)