Connect TiVo to Dish dual-tuner

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cat74

Original poster
Jul 22, 2008
I was hoping someone could help me with a quick question... I have a TiVo (200 series) and just got Dish Network installed. I'm trying to figure out how to connect my TiVo to the Dish dual-tuner. I think I've figured it all out except where the Cable wire goes.

My TiVo instructions tell me to connect the cable from the wall into a splitter - then one cable goes to the RF in port on the TiVo and the other cable goes to the RF port in the Dish tuner, but the Dish installer has the cable from my wall going into a splitter, which then goes in to the 'Satellite 1' and 'Satellite 2' ports on the Dish tuner - he didn't use the 'RF in' port at all...

So - does anyone know what I need to connect the cable wires from/to??

Thanks a bunch!

I was hoping someone could help me with a quick question... I have a TiVo (200 series) and just got Dish Network installed. I'm trying to figure out how to connect my TiVo to the Dish dual-tuner. I think I've figured it all out except where the Cable wire goes.

My TiVo instructions tell me to connect the cable from the wall into a splitter - then one cable goes to the RF in port on the TiVo and the other cable goes to the RF port in the Dish tuner, but the Dish installer has the cable from my wall going into a splitter, which then goes in to the 'Satellite 1' and 'Satellite 2' ports on the Dish tuner - he didn't use the 'RF in' port at all...

So - does anyone know what I need to connect the cable wires from/to??

Thanks a bunch!

im know very little about tivo, im a dish guy BUT, i do know this:

DO NOT DISCONNECT THE CABLE FROM YOUR WALL THAT IS GOING TO THE SAT RECIVER AND THAT SEPARATOR ON THE DISH RECEIVER TO PUT A SPLITTER ON IT AND CONNECT IT IN ANY WAY TO ANY "RF" IN PORT ON ANY MACHINE, DISH, TIVO, OR OTHERWISE.

that cable coming from your wall is NOT carrying an RF signal anymore. perhaps it did if you had cable tv before, or were using an antenna, but now it is STRICTLY a satellite feed.

i suggest you read up at the tivo website or look thru the tivo forum to get advise.

i was unable to find a model "200" on the tivo website.

i did find a series "2000".

Use Coax or Component from the Sat 1 output on the Box to the Line in on Tivo

Then lineout from the Tivo to the TV set.

You will need to hookup the IR remitter that came with the TIVO to the Sat box

keep in mind you will only be able to record off of SAT 1 output

Good Luck

You would have been a lot happier in the long run to sell the Tivo and get a DishDVR instead. Much easier to use the integrated DVR when satellite tuners are involved.

If the Tivo has composite or S-video inputs you can use those. When you want to record something you need to not only select it in the Tivo, but set an auto-tune timer on the dish box to make sure it's on the right channel, unless the Tivo has an IR blaster to control the dish box.

I had a TiVo Series 2 connected to my Dish 622 for a while (now on a 211).

I am assuming you have a TiVo Series 2 because I've never heard of a 200 series (unless it's REEEally old).

The cable going to the seperator and then into the Dish tuner is satellite ONLY - do not touch it.

Run your antenna in line to the tivo and then from the TiVo RF out to the TV.

Also connect the TiVo to the TV with the composite cable connections (Yellow, Red, White), or as Pepper said use S-Video instead of the Yellow.

Connect the IR blaster and place the emitter in front ot the dish boxes IR receptor and run the setup for your TiVo.

I used the TiVo on the TV1 output of my 622 because TV2 is controled by an RF remote.

Of course if it's not a TiVo Series 2 - NEVERMIND.

Thanks!!

Thanks so much for the info... got the TiVo hooked up to the Dish satellite, no problems!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)