Connecting basic cable to satellite

brucect17

Original poster
Jan 4, 2010
Connecticut
I am considering switching to satellite from cable. I need to keep basic cable due to the need for some cable only channels. I was wondering if there is a way that I can connect my cable tv to my satellite system so I don't need a switch or a cable box. I was thinking that I maybe could hook it up as if it was coming "over the air." Would this work? Assuming it does, could this be done in the basement versus running a cable and satellite coax to each set? Thanks!

No not really

I am considering switching to satellite from cable. I need to keep basic cable due to the need for some cable only channels. I was wondering if there is a way that I can connect my cable tv to my satellite system so I don't need a switch or a cable box. I was thinking that I maybe could hook it up as if it was coming "over the air." Would this work? Assuming it does, could this be done in the basement versus running a cable and satellite coax to each set? Thanks!

No it won't work cable systems don't use ATSC they use QAM. It is a totally different system and the sat receiver will not see it. It can only at best pass thru if the sat is off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts