Connecting Laptop to Big Screen Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

al_madhi

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 6, 2005
Riyadh - Saudi Arabia
Hi guys , I am just curious how do they connect a laptop to a big screen 62" for demonstration for customers and visitors by companies and firms in big exhibitions to boost their products . Is it possible to use their procedure for personnel use at home . I have a 51" Tv set and a laptop , what hardware and devices to be used if possible .

Any thoughts you would have be greatly appreciated .

Can one actually read the text on the HD televisions? I know I could not see the text because of how blurry it was on these SD televisions I have. I used the tv outputs that was on my laptop to do that. Would I get a better result using the VGA to TV convertor?

I would get a PC-TV converter. The resolution between the PC and TV is different, plus your PC displays in non-interlaced format while your TV displays in interlaced format.

The PC-TV converter would allow you to do what you need to do.

If your TV isn't HD, you likely will be disappointed with the resolution. Basically the quality will be significantly worse then what you get when you set your computer monitor to 640x480. Small text, icons, and othe details won't be clear. Text large enough to be clear will take up quite a bit of screen real estate.

HDTVs can have a variety of ways that can better accept the signal from a computer (e.g DVI, (S)VGA, etc).

I bought a VGA to DVI convertor cable and run my PC through my projector quite often. There's nothing like surfing the net with an 8' screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts