Connecting to Xbox Live in a Hotel

draziwrm

Original poster
Jan 18, 2006
I know this is a little late for this post but I just ran across the problem of connecting my Xbox in a hotel, and I was told by the help desk that it wasn't possible to do but I persevered! The way I accomplished this was to connect my laptop to the ethernet port because they didn't have wireless and let it automatically get an IP address. The first time you open your web browser you will most likely come to a page where you have accept the terms of the ISP in order to access the internet. After you do this and can get online with your computer, open your DOS or C:\ prompt and type ipconfig/all More than likely not all the information will be displayed on the same screen. You will probably have to scroll back up to see the info that you are looking for. Scroll up and find the line that says Physical Address..................00-14-C2-DB-17-3F Your numbers will be different of course but they will be in that configuration. Now that you have this number unplug your computer from the ethernet port and plug in the Xbox. Go to the network settings and to the advanced tab. Now select the MAC address tab and enter your computer's Physical Address into the MAC address line. This will make the ISP think that your Xbox is the computer that has already gained access to the network. Leave the other network settings such as IP address and DNS in the automatic configuration. Your hotel's ISP should assign the Xbox an IP address and DNS automatically, but without that MAC address, you won't be able to find Xbox Live.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)