Connection Limit with LNB-5?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

suomi8

Original poster
Mar 29, 2004
Hey everybody -

I just got off the phone with my installer coming today to install a LNB-5 dish and he told me that i may have a problem with what i am trying to do. Allow me to explain in greater detail what I am doing.

I am finishng my basement and adding 4 TV's in my basement to make it a "sports lovers paradise" and I am putting 3 H20 boxes in the basement along with an HR10-250 down there. In addition to that I also have another HR 10-250 and 3 more single line boxes (2 H20's and one much older box). So in grand total I will have 8 boxes requiring 10 total lines.

I know I will need 2 multi-switches to get this done but my installer says he is not sure if the LNB-5 will be able to do this or not. He does not think the LNB-5 dish and two multi-switches will work so in the end I will not be able to do this.

So my question for you guys is do you guys know if I will be able to do what I am trying to do or not?

Thanks for your help!

I think what you could do is get four splitters and take the signal from each of the RG6 cables from the dish and connect each cable to one end of the splitter and from the splitter to the multiswitch.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)