Connector training?????

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

benzee1

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 10, 2011
Cedar Vale, KS
We have a "connector training" this Friday. HUH?? Dunno if they mean cable connectors or "connectivity" (or something else). Hmmmm

Probably they will teach you how to cut off factory-made perfectly-good ends and put on new ones, shortening the cable in the process.

benzee1 said:
We have a "connector training" this Friday. HUH?? Dunno if they mean cable connectors or "connectivity" (or something else). Hmmmm

Ha ha ha. We were supposed have tgat training a while back. The PPC rep was supposed to come thru and show us the 'proper' was to use fittings.

Last edited:
Technically such a thing can be done (would've happened if the TiVo suit turned bac), but it is not a practice or policy of which I am aware at Dish.

I am almost certain in your case the answer is NO, as if it is a leased box, then Dish would want that DVR back for those who want a DVR (they are more expensive to manufacture) and furnish you with a non-DVR box. If your DVR is owned, then I am equally certain the answer would be NO, and they would advise you to buy a non-DVR box. You own the DVR; it's your problem, not theirs (that is how they would see it).

It sounds like what you need to do is bump your DVR recordings to VCR tapes or DVD's to watch, then get a non-DVR box.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)