Considering Dish - questions

cebbigh

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 24, 2005
Frostbite Falls
I left dish in 2007 after being with them for over 10 years. Dish corrected the reason I left when they replaced E5 at 129.

I do miss my old 622 and Dish has really opened a significant lead in the HD programing I care most about. I don't dislike the Directv DVR's enough to make me leave as a single cause. But I do have concerns about how I fear they plan to use the new capacity they gained with the launch of D12. I want National HD, not netflix style movie services PPV or 3D.

I plan to wait 3 months and see how it pans out. Maybe they'll surprise and deliver HD nationals to match what Dish has.

I haven't really been paying attention to what Dish has been doing very closely. If I do switch which DVR is best? Does the HD GUI on the 922 make it better than the 622/722 or are there still too many bugs to be worked out?

I've read many conflicting reports about the PQ quality. I have a 57 inch TV and probably won't get bigger in the future. Should the PQ concern me?

Please don't turn this into a flame thread. I'm honestly just looking for any info to help guide my decision.

The 922 or 722 would be a great receiver for you. PQ is just fine. The main thing for you to know is that the 922 is for one TV and the 722 is for two TVs. The 922's large hard drive is awesome. It's depends on what your needs are.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)