Considering Switching to Dish

shozbot

Original poster
Oct 6, 2006
New Member and I've been reading the threads because I'm considering the switch to Dish Network after being a Brighthouse Cable subscriber for the past few years. I have some confusion regarding a couple of areas and I am hoping some of you guys can clear it up.

Regarding the 622 DVR...

Let me point out this question has to do only with Sat feed HD, not OTA.

1. I now have the SA8300HD box, and with it I am able to record a program (HD or SD) by simply pressing the record button, and then I can continue to watch that show, or channel surf (HD or SD) or watch something already recorded without having to select a different tuner or go through any menus. It all just happens in the background. Is this essentially the same process with the 622?

2. If I decide to subscribe to Dish Network, am I able to hookup my own DVR, like a TIVO or some equiv. equipment not purchased through them, or am I restricted to using their hardware? (Again this applies to Sat feed programming, not OTA)

I apologize if these questions have been addressed previously, but searching through I ran into conflicting answers, so I wanted to pose the questions directly.

Thanks for any feedback.

1) If you leave the 622 in Single User mode, Yes. In Dual Mode, you can as well if you have it set up properly (those that aren't or tv2 used as much as tv1, those have conflicts which most of the posts try to address, the contradicting ones that is.)

2. Yes, you can hook tivo, vcr or whatever - it is a lot harder to do as both the 622 and the secondary unit may need to be independently programed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts