Considering Upgrade from Hopper to H3.......

Dish for awhile

Original poster
Oct 20, 2017
Arkansas
My original Hopper is extremely slow since the firmware was upgraded. It literally takes 20-45 seconds to bring up the DVR and then varying amount of seconds (up to 15-20) once a selection is made. Now I want to move my DVR contents to an EHD. I do not want to buy the one offered by Dish. The USB powered units seem to work for some and not for others. Is there a current list of EHD that will work on my Hopper and allow me to transfer to my new H3? Thanks

My original Hopper is extremely slow since the firmware was upgraded. It literally takes 20-45 seconds to bring up the DVR and then varying amount of seconds (up to 15-20) once a selection is made. Now I want to move my DVR contents to an EHD. I do not want to buy the one offered by Dish. The USB powered units seem to work for some and not for others. Is there a current list of EHD that will work on my Hopper and allow me to transfer to my new H3? Thanks
Why don't you want to buy one offered by DISH? There are a lot of us that use Western Digital. It is a good product. Google it and get a better price. Check out Seagate, some SatGuys members like it too.
External Hard Drive | MyDISH | DISH Customer Support

or:
2. Any USB EHD or Drive/Dock when used with a powered USB hub.....

Which is not officially "prescribed" by Dish, meaning if he ever called about EHD problems, they would blow him off for that.

To further clarify, the no USB EHD rule is there to make sure that the Dish receiver’s power supply is not overburdened. When you use a powered USB hub, the hub is powering the EHD, not the Dish receiver.

It's not that slow. EHD transfer is pretty slow too but with ethernet transfer the content only moves once. So if you move the content to an EHD then back to the new receiver it takes almost as long as the ethernet transfer. And the ethernet transfer gets all your shows in one step, even the PTAT shows.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts