Constant Audio/Video Drop Outs considering Uverse

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

PeteSJCA

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 8, 2005
san jose
Howdy,

I'm having daily, and numerous audio and video losses since the install of my 1000.2 dish about a year ago. Techs have come out twice in the last year, and last week E sent me a replacement 722 receiver. My local HD channels are the main problem. the 119 sat will not lock unless i change the transponder/spot beam from 7 (preset?) to something else 5, or 17 work well, when i come back it's switched back to 7. I've called E again this week and was told my local HD channels weren't on the 119, but when i check the program info, it says they are on the 119 satellite....

E wants to send out another tech, is it worth it?

Uverse just became available in my neighborhood in NE san jose, ca. Should i switch?

on 119

Howdy,

I'm having daily, and numerous audio and video losses since the install of my 1000.2 dish about a year ago. Techs have come out twice in the last year, and last week E sent me a replacement 722 receiver. My local HD channels are the main problem. the 119 sat will not lock unless i change the transponder/spot beam from 7 (preset?) to something else 5, or 17 work well, when i come back it's switched back to 7. I've called E again this week and was told my local HD channels weren't on the 119, but when i check the program info, it says they are on the 119 satellite....

E wants to send out another tech, is it worth it?

Uverse just became available in my neighborhood in NE san jose, ca. Should i switch?

The San Francisco LIL are on tp 07 spot 04. tp17 is a conus beam, & tp 5 spot 04 is for Reno NV. What is your signal level on tp 07 spot 04? What is the SS on 129 tp 17 and 17 on 110 both are conus beams. All should be 50's or higher. Sounds like the dish may not be peaked correctly.

Hey Whatchel1,

Thanks for your help.

119 tp 07 has no signal at all. and the spot doesn't show up on the point dish screen. SS on 129 tp 17 is 51, and SS on 110 tp 17 is 55, SS for 119 tp 17 is 61.

Those problems are not normal. I'd let a tech come out after some other posters arm you with good questions. If Dish still fails to fix the problem, then I guess you should switch. They should be able to fix it though...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts