Constant Pixallation on FOX

zzandrewst

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 2, 2008
South Carolina
Just wondering if anyone else is having a pixallation problem on FOX HD. For the past few months I have had bad pixallation on FOX, but yesterday while I was watching the Nascar race, it got worse, my pixallation is now non-stop and is on all shows including commercials, on Live and Recorded programs. It is constant and extremely annoying. I have to watch FOX in SD now. I have contacted Technical Service and the CSR wrote up a report. Just wondering if I'm the only person having this problem or if anyone has ever had this problem before.

I was noticing it on American Idol and House recently on some older shows I recorded three weeks back, but it is less now..... It reminds of the problems they had on ABC a few years back when LOST would be constantly glitching.....

Hopefully they get this addressed quickly... I had the problems on both my 722 and my 622..

If its only on FOX ,it is a issue with the local provider and not a dish issue.If you have a OTA antenna try using that to get local in HD.PEak out the signal strenght and you should not have any issues while waiting for the LOCAl station to fix their problem.

If its only on FOX ,it is a issue with the local provider and not a dish issue.If you have a OTA antenna try using that to get local in HD.PEak out the signal strenght and you should not have any issues while waiting for the LOCAl station to fix their problem.

I contacted the local station, and they said that they are not having any problems and the problem is with Dish Network. I do not have an OTA antenna :( so I won't be able to pick up FOX that way. It is still pixellating, this will be close to 24 hrs. straight of nonstop pixellation. Hopefully they will fix it soon.

2 weeks ago for about 2 days I had the problem in my neck of the woods and the local affiliate said they were experiencing problems with their transmission and had been working on it.Problem was resolved in a few days after that. It was FOX local only.All locals in my area come off the same spotbeam and onlyFOX was giving issue.

Email: dishquality@echostar.com and explain the problem. They seem very interested in correcting such issues.

I spoke with an online csr for about an hour this morning, he filed a report. Also, I heard back from my local FOX affiliate and he said he had another customer called him this morning regarding the same problem with dish network. My local Fox affiliate technical support person contacted Dish Network again and he said that they have been unable to duplicate my problem, but they have escalated the issues and will have their engineers look into it.

for the past two weeks mine has had constant audio stuttering problems with no fix in site not sure who to point fingers at. This is on a 722 receiver

I've noticed it on Fox as well but I don't get local HD yet (but it seems to be HD feed just with sides cut off. I had Cable I had local HD and you can see a very small portion of the sides) it will box up for a sec and sound goes out for like 30 seconds then comes back and works fine. I just watched Thursdays (2/26/09) American Idol and watched America's Most wanted. Did it both shows. Weather was fine both nights so that can't be a issue and it's only Fox I notice it on as well. I have a 722 receiver.

Last edited: