Constantly Reloading Causes Keyboard To Dropdown on Ipad

Status
Not open for further replies.

acostapimps

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 31, 2012
Illinois
I'm having this problem that when i want to make a quick reply to a thread, it would constantly refresh the site forum making the ipad keyboard dropdown everytime, which is a PITA, I know it has to do with ads refreshing every couple of seconds, But i accidently click on those ads, precisely where the keyboard was when it drops down. I know ads helps pay for the website when you're providing it to us for free, but is there a way to minimize this constant refresh that my ipad keyboard that gets affected by?

Are you just using Safari? Do you ever use the forum apps? They don't have that issue.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Are you just using Safari? Do you ever use the forum apps? They don't have that issue.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

No I use other browsers Dolphin,Mercury but I rarely use Safari, And yes I use the forum app, but sometimes want to go on the website just to make a quick reply but not able to with the keyboard drops everytime the website refreshes, I don't mind the ads but its a pain when I can't type anything, then I mistakingly click ads which I don't really want to do when the dropdown unexpectedly happens.

Sent from my iPad 2 using SatelliteGuys

this happens to me as well if i was logged out for some reason. trying to log in is a pain with the keyboard constantly dropping down. i very sure it's ad related.

I would try using a different browser and see if it happens there. However I do know there was an ad server issue over the weekend which could have caused some issues. All ads are loaded in iframes which is "supposed" to keep the rest of the page loading even if the ad servers are having issues, but I have seen on some browsers this is not always the case.

No one commented but last week we REMOVED 60% of the ads being shown by Registered Members. This was done as two of our ad agencies are just about out of business (OpenX and PulsePoint) so we were trying to use our other ad networks to fill in those spaces. In doing this is brought our earnings down sharply as more ads were being displayed by these networks but no one was clicking on these ads which in turn brought down our CPM earnings.

I got to be honest at the moment I am concerned about the ads because we are DOWN about 80% so far this year from where we were this point last year. This is due to the fact that last year our two biggest ad agencies are now on deaths doorstep. But I am sure things will bounce back one way or another as it always does. :)

If your still having issues, please consider becoming a supporting Pub Member which gets rid of the ads yet still lets us pay our bills.

Thanks.

Well I tried Safari and it works with no dropdowns, weird I thought that happened to me before, Maybe I'll start using Safari for now on even though I prefer other browsers, I don't have this problem on DBSTalk granted there is no ads in that one. Maybe I fixed something (I'm not sure) in the iPad settings.

this happens to me as well if i was logged out for some reason. trying to log in is a pain with the keyboard constantly dropping down. i very sure it's ad related.
Maybe the "remember me" box wasn't checked below the log in

DBSTalk is running software that is 5 years out of date. :)

They are running 3.7.6 and we are running 4.2.0. A lot has changed in the software since then. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.