Contact Information - Major Problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jwt0001

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 16, 2005
Just had my initial installation on Monday. This morning my HR-20 tried to download the new software, but never completed. Tonight I called technical support because I was in an endless reset loop that never completed the restart. The technician's solutions was first to re-format the hard drive and then force download the new software. Neither solution solved the problem, so his only other solution was to send out a new receiver, which I won't receive for 2 to 5 business days!!!

No superbowl, no nothing, except a very angry customer when he stated that there were no other alternatives.

Can someone give me a number to call to complain? I switched from Dish and am totally peeved.

Call D* back and see if they can Next Day Air it to you, FED EX does this all the time, remind them that this is Super Bowl week .

Call the main number 1-800 directv, you can get transfered from there, but I think they did away with most direct numbers.

btw, I would totally unplug the unit for like a half an hour, and then try to start over, it sounds like this has never worked for you, so the installer should have done something with it originally.
When you get it to load, it will load the current National update automatically.

Jimbo

I was on the phone with customer service last night for almost an hour. Over and over: "There's nothing we can do." "There's nothing we can do." Not that I cared about the money part, but at no time was I ever offered any kind of credit for my problems. When I asked to speak to a supervisor, I was told, "My supervisor can't do anything more." I have to say that I had much better service with Dish when I had a shipping problem (they shipped a box next day).

I plan on calling again, partly because of my current status:

When I went to bed, I unplugged the box. When I woke up this morning, everything was working. Do I trust it? Absolutely not!

Did the software version change? Or you have no idea since the box never stayed on to allow you to check? Worst case scenario if you have Best Buy near you, run out and get another HR20-700 for a few days, then return it. But call D* and see if they can transfer you to rentention department or at least a supervisor. Good luck!

Trust it I had to do it on my R15 this week and that R15 is about a year old. D* software is getting to be much like DISH's very buggy.

Yes, it's now the latest software version. I'll see tonight when I get home whether my guide data updates properly. I'm definitely not going to tell them to cancel the shipment of the other box!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)