Contest: Got A C-band Dish? Want to test PLL LNBFs? 3-Day Contest!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
After seeing all the cool new electronics in there I now consider his shop to be 'Satellite Guys Heaven'. I felt like a kid visiting Santa's workshop! The future is certainly looking good for FTA.

N6BY was spotted leaving Brian's shop:

elf.jpg

I really enjoyed visiting Titanium's shop today and we had a great talk -- glad I decided to go there in person instead of having them mailed. After seeing all the cool new electronics in there I now consider his shop to be 'Satellite Guys Heaven'. I felt like a kid visiting Santa's workshop! The future is certainly looking good for FTA.

Tonight I started testing the LNBFs and am getting excellent results so far. I'll start a thread where I'll post my signal graphs in a couple of days.

Thanks again Brian for the LNBFs and continuing to build new products for the FTA community.
It's probably a good thing I don't live that close. Brian would get tired of me hanging around all the time. I'm a nice shade of green right now ;)

Reactions: Titanium
Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I couldn't find N6BY's review. :(
With regards to the C1-PLL vs. C1W-PLL, which satellites would benefit from the "W" version? Everything from 61W and further East? Would the downside of using the C1W in North America being higher noise compared to the C1?

The C1-PLL has a hard-cut filter to eliminate frequencies below 3.6GHz and soft attenuation below 3.7GHz. An example of a satellite transmitting services below 3.7GHz is 47.5w SES3, but it should be received with slight attenuation using the C1-PLL.

Satellites with services below 3.6GHz require the C1W-PLL. A member might correct me, but I am not aware of any services <3.6GHz that can be received on the East Coast.

The downside to using the wideband version would only be if your location has terrestrial interference that could be attenuated with the C1-PLL filtering.

Reactions: mc6809e
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)