Continuous links to BR.com is taking away satelliteguys.us traffic.

nonrev

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 2, 2007
NJ
If viewers want to engage in BR.com rhetoric then they are free to go there. But to continue to post links to their site undercuts this great forum.
Look at what I got this morning..LOLOLOL Geez Louise:
Chuck Badonkadonk [chuckbadonkadonk@yahoo.com]

"JameyK stop whinning about being banned from Blu-ray.com. We have seen your threads in other forums where you refer to Digital Bit's Bill Hunt as Blu-Ray Bill. Mr. Hunt has long been a supporter of blu-ray and we do not appreciate the crude moniker you constantly use. We do not want it here.Your own actions have lead to you being banned from blu-ray.com permenately. We do not want you back and stop being pathetic. "

Well...that told me. Ok, I'm proud to be banned!

Matter is closed as far as I'm concerned.

With policies like the one above who wants a direct lifeline to that mentality, language and rhetoric pumped into this site.

Last edited:
This post should be removed. There are MANY guys that read this site at BR.com, this is liable to bring them running to defend their site.

Last edited:
Once again suppress another opinion.

Do you see continious links from BR.com to satelliteguys.us? Your missing the point as usual. No one is stopping anyone from visiting BR.com but why undercut satelliteguys.us potential advertisements and I don’t’ think this site was invented to be a redirector to another site.

Speaking of removing threads I could name a few.

You love playing the victim, sorry to say that most have figured out you are not.

Like I said, just from talking with guys over there(yes most are losers) there a quite a few that frequent over here and they are liable to see this. There is also a crew over there that enjoys posting for fun, you dont want them here.

It has nothing to do with continous links(BTW, I know this is a shot at me, and the majority of my links are not from BR.com).

Finally, they dont have a "Satellite" forum over there, so why would they have links to this site :rolleyes:

The links that are posted here for their news section are not a big deal. Lets face it, you dont care about the site, you cont care about prices, you just dont like blu-ray and frequent this forum because there's no one to argue with anymore in the war zone.

buh bye.

If viewers want to engage in BR.com rhetoric then they are free to go there. But to continue to post links to their site undercuts this great forum.

With policies like the one above who wants a direct lifeline to that mentality, language and rhetoric pumped into this site.
AMEN!!!!!!:up:up

The links that are posted here for their news section are not a big deal. Lets face it, you dont care about the site, you cont care about prices, you just dont like blu-ray and frequent this forum because there's no one to argue with anymore in the war zone.

buh bye.
When has any section over there news or otherwise put forth legitimate BD concern? Don’t the people here deserve the whole story. You and I sure know potential customers won’t get the whole story at BD.com. Many innocent posters over there get banned for trying to get clarifications. To top it off the person that bans them basically curses them out. I don’t think we need a direct lifeline of that stuff pumped into this forum. All that aside your aside your still taking away traffic from this site, a person clicks on your link reads the slanted news article then clicks on another link then never comes back. We all post links but you took it to the next level.

Yepp, Im hurting a site Im a paying member of by linking to another forum. Try harder.

I guess AVS links are bad too? DBSTalk? :haha

Luckily, the mods we have here are very fair and dont mind linking of other sites. Sounds like you'd be better served on AVS or DBS where they delete such threads.

There is no reason you cannot link directly to the article that BR.com links too and post that instead. This also cuts through all of their bias opinions and prevents this site from sending them hits.

There is no reason you cannot link directly to the article that BR.com links too and post that instead. This also cuts through all of their bias opinions and prevents this site from sending them hits.

Now this I can agree with. Ill look for links to the source. Sometimes I reading this in the am before work and just post em as I see em. I've not been posting their news as much lately anyways, when there is an error they are VERY slow to retract it. I think now that the "war" is over, that sites traffic has diminished.

I rarely follow the links, but that's a good point. It's like constantly posting Engadget links... when Engadget is just a blog reporting on sourced material that they link to right from their blog.

Folks...

The entire internet is made up of LINKS to other sites... Thats how it works. :)

We don't mind links to other sites as long as they are not spam.

Worrying about people linking to br.com is stilly as that is the way the internet is supposed to work. If you have information and its posted to another site feel free to post a link to it. I would rather have you do that then copy and paste copyrighted work here. :D

No one is denying his right to post, it was the frequency that was in question. But you have spoken.

Hehe, talking about never learning.

So, its not the fact that I post to br.com(or engadget or HDD), its the fact of how often? Hmmm, 5-6 articles per day on BR in a BR forum. Man, thats overkill.

Here's how I see it. Im a site supporter so the more traffic the better the site goes. Anyone that leaves here and spends time on other sites realizes this site is great and me posting links to engadget,br.com and HDD is to keep the news in the BR forum so no satguy member has to leave to find the updates. I read ALL these sites several times daily, if the news is not up here, then I post it. Whats the point of the forum if not to discuss BR and news.

Accusing someone of posting news too frequently is ridiculous. Whatever grudge you have, get over it because I have. BTW, arent you the guy that always complains about suppression?

Anywho, this thread has run its course, time to unsub and move on. Ill keep posting news items and such for the guys that care, the rest shall be ignored.

Hehe, talking about never learning.

So, its not the fact that I post to br.com(or engadget or HDD), its the fact of how often? Hmmm, 5-6 articles per day on BR in a BR forum. Man, thats overkill.

Yes it overkill. Just posting links continuously to other sites is not of value to this site. If users wanted to read those other sites, they would go over there. I do not go over to them, and having the forum just becoming an RSS feed for other sites is just annoying. An interesting article every now and then is one thing, just a list of posts and press releases every day is another.

Yepp, Im hurting a site Im a paying member of by linking to another forum. Try harder.

I guess AVS links are bad too? DBSTalk? :haha

Luckily, the mods we have here are very fair and dont mind linking of other sites. Sounds like you'd be better served on AVS or DBS where they delete such threads.

Well link to DBSTALK.com is a bad thing:D

In truth DBSTALK is oky except for James Long whose action I think hurts that site now on with the fight or not

I think posting links are OK! It saves the trouble of posting them when some one does not like what you like or who wants to say more FUD asks for a link!:p

I would actually like to see all the links to title releases go into the BD titles sticky thread. It's getting to be pages and pages a day. Useful threads get lost in all the clutter.

S~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts