Contour?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Nope. They keep offering it to me, but I have Directv instead.

I get a flyer very week from them trying to get me bundle TV and contour with my internet. Still not exactly sure what contour gets me. If the equipment was better I might consider switching for one of their 12 month promos but its still more than what pay Dish and Cox separately, when fees and taxes are added in.

I think I am switching, is why I am asking. I have been offered a package combining my internet with TV and it will save me about $80 a month, compared to the internet and DTV I have now. It's a 12 month package but no contract required.

I don't have contour but I do have cox and as far as service goes it lives up to its name and unfortunately there are no other options such as verizon fios in my neighborhood.

I don't have contour but I do have cox and as far as service goes it lives up to its name and unfortunately there are no other options such as verizon fios in my neighborhood.

I am in the same boat, nothing but Cox or Satellite in my area. Fios is never going to be available in my area either. Verizon has pretty much gotten out of the land line game and to my knowledge, they aren't installing new lines anymore. I am really hesitant about making the switch because of all the reports about Cox but in my neighborhood everyone loves it, so I think I am going to give it a try. I don't have to sign a contract, so if I hate it I can always go back to DTV or Dish.

Well I made the switch to Cox back on the 21 of Jan, so I thought I would give my initial thoughts on the new setup, for those that my be thinking about making the switch. With DTV I had Cox for the internet and the HR-34 Genie, an HR-24 and 2 H-25 receivers, for a total of 4 receivers and 7 DVR channels. With COX I continue with the internet service and have their 6 channel DVR and 4 non dvr receivers, that all communicate with each other just like in the Genie system, so I have 1 more receiver but 1 less dvr channel with this setup. The system has worked perfectly without any glitches since day one. The remote takes some getting use to and to me, the guide system and GUI is far behind both Dish and DTV. The user interface is not very intuitive and the channel lineup doesn't have any real coherence in the channel grouping, grouping like channels together. Like ESPN is on channel 1010 and ESPN2 is on channel 1060.

That is really the only nit pick I have so far with the setup. The remote speed and speed of the system is light years ahead of my DTV setup. No more waiting forever to scroll through the guide, or select something and wait for it to recognize the input. I actually think the video quality in HD is a little better than DTV but the standard quality is far better than DTV. I can actually watch SD now and it's not that bad, AHC is not in HD on COX. With an $80 a month savings over my previous setup, I am very happy I made the switch.

Reactions: osu1991
Thanks for the update. The GUI is light years behind. I don't know why they have been unable to do anything better than the junk they keep putting out. Their picture quality has been pretty good from what I have seen. The hardware is ok, but the software has been and still is lacking. That is where I keep thinking they will improve, but it hasn't happened yet

Reactions: fr8flyr
I thought I would update this post for anyone that is interested. I have had the Contour service for almost 4 months now and I am very happy with the service. The user interface is still a pain but the system has performed flawlessly for me. I read all the horror stories about the service and was hesitant about making the switch but I haven't encountered a single problem with my setup. I would highly recommend this system to anyone thinking about getting rid of Direct or Dish. I am enjoying the extra $80 a month that it is saving me.

I have Cox internet and looked online for a bundle deal, but Cox will not even give me a discount for adding cable TV. A Contour bundle is $156.99 per month plus $28.50 for a record 6 dvr. I quit before I found out the other fees that each change incurred. I pay Cox $66.99 per month and Dish $66 per month or $132 month, where Cox would be more than $185 per month with no discount to switch. Cox can kiss my a**.

I have Cox internet and looked online for a bundle deal, but Cox will not even give me a discount for adding cable TV. A Contour bundle is $156.99 per month plus $28.50 for a record 6 dvr. I quit before I found out the other fees that each change incurred. I pay Cox $66.99 per month and Dish $66 per month or $132 month, where Cox would be more than $185 per month with no discount to switch. Cox can kiss my a**.

Call them, to get the better bundles. Online, you have to change the internet packages around with tv packages to figure out the bundle discounts. I was looking at all these the last few days, as I bought a new house and wanted to check. If I drop from 100MB service to 50MB service I can save about $25 a month using my Tivo, but if I want to keep 100MB or not use a Tivo, then it is a wash and I'll just keep Dish and Cox for separate services.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts