Contract period is over, $120 credit over next 12 months, worth it?

its4us2think

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 5, 2005
my contract with dish is over. Dish sent a mail saying I can get $10 per month credit for next 12 months, if I extend it to 24 months. Not sure if I should extend it or just not bother about it. The only thing I am looking for at this point is another HD-dvr apart from the 722 I have. Any thoughts? TIA.

my contract with dish is over. Dish sent a mail saying I can get $10 per month credit for next 12 months, if I extend it to 24 months. Not sure if I should extend it or just not bother about it. The only thing I am looking for at this point is another HD-dvr apart from the 722 I have. Any thoughts? TIA.

I took the 10.00 off for 12 months along with putting it on my second account for my parents. I also have 1 cent cinemax on both accounts. Took the free Hbo/Starz promotion as well, although that was a billing nightmare because they never put the credits on my acccount till I called first. If you don't plan on going anywhere in the next two years, go ahead. IF you want to sample the competition , don't.

My contract was over 5/2009 so I called Dish yesterday. Talked to someone on the other side of the world. He offered me $10.00 off for 12 months with a two year commitment. I told him that I am a "Valued" six year customer. He must do better than that.

I was transferred to customer retention. Never mentioned cancelling their service. She immediatly offered me the $10.00 off for 12 months. In addition 3 months of HBO & Showtime free. Also free HD service for 3 months. Since I allready have these services it will be a credit on my account. This is for a two year contract.

HBO & Sho $22.00 each month for three months.
HD service $10.00 each month for three months.
Credits for one year at $10.00 per month $120.00.

Total savings is $216.00.

I called to cancel about a month ago, because of the Triple Play Offer of TW.
I got $12 a month for 12 months, HBO, Sho and HD Platinum free for 3 month and no commitment.

I took the $10 a month deal too. I have no option (other than Directv) because I live in the sticks and sat tv is all I can get in HD. We have a cable company but they do not support HD. So, I am stuck with Dish anyway. If you have options, however, I would think twice about a long term committment.

I think it's probably a good deal for you.

How likely are you to leave Dish anyway, now that you have a ViP722? Especially if you have a lot on the drive, and moreso if you have one or more EHDs.

I'd ask about the commitment and a second ViP722 with no upfront fees. They might go for it.

Please let us know what you try, and how it works out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)