Contract up, want to get Hopper 3

Redwald

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 20, 2017
Sacramento, CA
I'm new here. You guys have a great site. Have a question.

My two year contract just expired. I have the HWS with super Joey. Programming is top 200. Currently paying $118/mo. Within the last couple of months have lots of problems with the HWS, (error msgs, rain fade, pixellation, no HD, timer problems, etc) Its driving me bonkers & I need to get rid of it.
What are the tricks to getting Dish to send me a H3/Joey and reduce my bill to a new subscriber on a new contract?

Any help appreciated.

I'm new here. You guys have a great site. Have a question.

My two year contract just expired. I have the HWS with super Joey. Programming is top 200. Currently paying $118/mo. Within the last couple of months have lots of problems with the HWS, (error msgs, rain fade, pixellation, no HD, timer problems, etc) Its driving me bonkers & I need to get rid of it.
What are the tricks to getting Dish to send me a H3/Joey and reduce my bill to a new subscriber on a new contract?

Any help appreciated.
The only trick is to cancel your service and wait two months and apply as a new customer. You can avoid the wait if your spouse signs up on the day after you cancel your Dish service.

Thanks everyone. Great suggestions.

Now to try executing each of them until I'm successful.

God, I hate this game I play every two years. Last time I did this it was a go-round with Directv.

One of the things they look at is longevity. I have been with them over 15 years. I am also an expert complainer er i mean negotiator. If I don't succeed with the person I am talking to, I ask for customer retention. I have been known to talk to a dozen different CSRs before I find the one who can grant my three wishes. Know what you want. Persevere until you succeed.

Reactions: pattykay
Let us know how it goes. My contract expires in 6 weeks and I would also like to upgrade to an H3. Especially after updating to the new interface. Really slowed down my HWS. Also cannot get my Echo to work with the HWS. I've been with Dish around 12 years so I'm hoping they will cut me a sweet deal.

In January I upgraded from a VIP722 to the H3, long time customer been out of contract for years. I called to get the malfunctioning VIP722 replaced, went through the new contract and $100 dance. I insisted I would not enter into a new contract but was willing to pay the $100, not a problem. Yeah, I really hate having the 2yr contract.

Love the H3 compared to the 722.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts