Contracts?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

briansanders007

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 24, 2003
Well since Dish had to pull all the viacom channels do you think they will let us out of our contracts? In our house, we only watch a majority of the channels that are pulled. My family is super pissed at me for choosing dish if this continues. I think its complete BS that half of the channels we watch are gone. If this thing continues for more than a couple weeks and if I can't get out of my contract I'm getting a lawyer. I'm so pissed off at both of these companies. At least they finally fixed the bugs in the 811 or I would be super monkey fly pissed.

briansanders007 said:
Well since Dish had to pull all the viacom channels do you think they will let us out of our contracts? In our house, we only watch a majority of the channels that are pulled. My family is super pissed at me for choosing dish if this continues. I think its complete BS that half of the channels we watch are gone. If this thing continues for more than a couple weeks and if I can't get out of my contract I'm getting a lawyer. I'm so pissed off at both of these companies. At least they finally fixed the bugs in the 811 or I would be super monkey fly pissed.
According to their FAQ page, they are still enforcing programming commitments. They say they will monitor it for the duration of the dispute.

Heck... I just signed up for DHA... I have NO commitment, and the unreturned equipment fee for an 811 is only $200. I should dump dish, go Voom, and Ebay the 811

That's a pretty good idea. Except I signed a contract with a local dealer and the penalty is $800 bucks or something like that to get out. My hope is that if dish let's people out of their contracts that they will let me out. Only if viacom doesn't come back for a while. I'm not too worried for a week or two but if this thing drags out, it's just plain stupid. I know it's nice the Dishis fighting for what the believe in which is great but ya know I don't give a rats tail because I'm not getting the channels I watch. I like the $1 credit on the bill. Those channels are worth more than a $1. I would like to see at least a $5-10 discount to stay and why not unblock pay per view or premium content for the patient folks that will stay.

Dish is not going to let anyone out of their contracts, and getting a lawyer is just going to be a waste of your hard earned money. The contract states that they may change programming and that there is no guarantee that certain channels will be available.

Who knows, you just might find that you like some other programming on another network.

Sorry butt this contingency is covered in their standard contract.

from what i understand they are in violation of section 1.g of the customer agreement stating that they have to provide notice of pending channel changes.

we were never notified in advance that we would be losing the channels. i spoke with the texas attorney general this morning and they said to file a complaint which i have done along with just about everyone in my office with dish.

Geronimo said:
Sorry butt this contingency is covered in their standard contract.

So is eliminating every channel. I would imagine they only need 1 to say that you still get service.

The have fundamentally changed the service today. People signed up for Dish with certain channels in place, and when you remove a good portion of those channels the service has changed.

If this ended up in a lawsuit it COULD turn out bad for Dish.

/Benjamin

IMO there should be a class action lawsuit filed. if we are not given the option to pay for the channels and they are just not offered at all with no notice then we should have the right to cancel service and go with a provider that offers the services/channels that we want.

They can add the pakistani channels, boatloads of latino stuff, but can't make some deal where we pay 40 cents more. Take away the 200 shopping channels. This whole thing is stupid. If it goes on for more than a week I will be pissed. I'm trying to think positive now by hoping it's a minor standoff. Any one take a look at the revised packages on the website? They look pretty thin. Wish they would move foxnews to top 60 then I would get rid of 120.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts