Controlling a sound bar with a Dish remote

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I'm using a Samsung sound bar with HWS. Just ran the remote setup wizard and the whole thing works great. The HDMI-CEC turns the sound bar on volume and mute control the sound bar no problem.

Hey Guys i have a Vizio sound bar. i had to get a 21.0 learning remote and then i just had it learn the sound bars remote and i through that crappy thing in the drawer. I set the volume rocker to to handle the sound bar instead of the TV , the only draw back is you can not use an optical cable if you want to hear HD sound. (at least i cant) other than that this is awesome and i am very happy with the set up. Everything i did can be found in the user guide of the 21.0 remote.
Have you solved this problem yet? If not, I can definitely help

The reason I ask is, some of the lower end soundbars aren't able to decode dolby digital. So the only fix for this is to change the output format to pcm on the dish receiver or your TV. Then your optical cable should work fine. Although, it will be the same as if you were to just run composite audio or Bluetooth.

What model of dish receiver do you have so we know which remote you are using. I attached a remote manual. It may not be for the same model but go to page 22 and it should help.

I have a Hopper with multiple Joeys and the Joey in the bedroom is where I have the LG LAS454B. Does that help or do you need more? I am afraid I need a special code since my brand of sound at is not in the list.

Menu, settings, remote manager, then select (I think) audio device. Read and follow the prompts on the screen. There's an option in there to have tv volume to control sound bar.

Once successful you'll be able to control the soundbar volume while in Sat mode. To power the sound bar on and off you'll still have to press Aux then power.

Reactions: jerryez
My Samsung Sound Bar is set up as "AUX" and then as "Audio Receiver". In the Remote Manager go to the AUX code tab, then click "Audio Receiver" and click "Lookup Code" and look for LG. Back at the main "Remote Manager" screen click the "Volume" tab and set it for "aux." That is how mine is set up and works well.

Reactions: stardust3
Menu, settings, remote manager, then select (I think) audio device. Read and follow the prompts on the screen. There's an option in there to have tv volume to control sound bar.

Once successful you'll be able to control the soundbar volume while in Sat mode. To power the sound bar on and off you'll still have to press Aux then power.

Thanks - You were close. after Remote - them VOLUME and let AUX control volume!!!!!!! You gave me enough hints to fix it. You are a genius!!!!!

Reactions: stardust3
In the Hopper>Menu>Settings>Remote Manager>Aux>Audio Receiver you can add the code for your device, and there's an option to map the Volume and Mute buttons on the remote to the Aux device. I'm using that now on my Bose Solo 10 Series II box. Right now I'm using Bluetooth to get sound from the Hopper to the Bose, but I'm going to get a longer optical cable to connect the TV to the Bose, because the Bluetooth is a little cumbersome.

Vizio sound bar sb3821-d6 - want to control volume with Dish 20.1 remote- tried all codes from remote manual with no luck. Any suggestions?

Vizio sound bar sb3821-d6 - want to control volume with Dish 20.1 remote- tried all codes from remote manual with no luck. Any suggestions?
I have a Vizio sound bar too...I was able to find success by using the learn commands to Aux. The remote manual can be helpful to do this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts