Controlling with TV2 Remote? (1 Viewer)

thashef

Feb 5, 2010
Cary, NC
I am planning on running Components cables from the receiver to my tv in the bedroom and then disabling the Shared view on the receiver. Would I be able to use to the TV2 remote to control the reciever or would I have to buy the Dish Network's IR to UHF remote kit so I can control it from the bedroom?

STL

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 21, 2009
St. Louis, MO
If you are in single mode, then the TV2 remote with work just fine. BTW, why long component cable (plus a pair of RCAs for audio I presume) versus a single long HDMI cable? Long component runs will give you a degraded picture. Long HDMI runs don't have that problem.

thashef

Feb 5, 2010
Cary, NC
Ok here is a newbie question...

How do I enable/disable TV2?

When I goto Shared View under Installation menu, I see enable and disable, but I cant change anything.

Thanks

n0qcu

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Earth

When I goto Shared View under Installation menu, I see enable and disable, but I cant change anything.

Thanks

You can only disable/enable using the TV1 remote (and you must be in single mode).
You do not need to disable shared view for single mode to work.

STL

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 21, 2009
St. Louis, MO

Thanks
Maybe the menu is that way because you are in Single mode -- but I am just guessing. I have never messed with that setting myself. Have to checked the manual? Single/Dual mode can only be changed via a physical button on the unit (behind the door of the right hand side of the 722).

mrschwarz

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
May 17, 2004
I ran a 35 foot HDMI cable from my 211. I got it from Monoprice for around $40 something. It works perfectly with that distance and I only had to run 1 cable. I hooked the second TV up using component cables since it was only a couple of feet away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts