conversion charts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Van

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jul 8, 2004
Virginia Beach
I know that one thing I hate is trying to convert metric to standards and all that other stuff, well today I stumbled across this little site and boy is it a life saver.

edit to fix the wrong url link

Last edited:
well technically metric is the "standard" and the other is the "English" system. Anyway, what's any of that got to do with a movie trailer?

Oops, I thought I had copy and pasted the right link, its the one charper1 posted, the movie trailer was for another thread, thanks charper1. :D

Pepper said:
well technically metric is the "standard" and the other is the "English" system. Anyway, what's any of that got to do with a movie trailer?
"Standard -- something set up and established by authority as a rule for the measure of quantity, weight, extent, value, or quality." They are both standards, they just don't happen to be the same standard.

Mario

Ok let me rephrase what I said, :p

I know one thing I hate is trying to convert metric to the more basic form of measurement that was taught to us in school over that of the supior form of measurement that is metric.

:p

Van said:
Ok let me rephrase what I said, :p

I know one thing I hate is trying to convert metric to the more basic form of measurement that was taught to us in school over that of the supior form of measurement that is metric.

:p
Metric is only superior in some fields. It really blows in the construction industry where things tend to be incremented in units of 1/3 of a 4 foot panel. In that case the 12 inch foot is far superior to metric because you end up with whole values for 1/4, 1/3, 1/2, 2/3 and 3/4 of a foot. I always recommend using the right standard for the job at hand.

Mario

Status
Not open for further replies.