Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Last week we started our conversion from .US to .COM last week and this morning I started updating URLS to point to .COM instead of .US as we work to move entirely to .COM.

When you go to .COM you will need to login again since the cookie is different.

We plan on phasing out .US by the end of the year to avoid google duplicate content penalties.

Please let me know if you have any issues. (And I am sure there will be some)

Thanks!

You can't keep the US domain around, in any capacity? :(

Nope it will be forwarded to .COM or the search engines penalize us for having duplicate content. :(

Well this is unfortunate. It appears that the .COM site is actively blocked at work by the corporate web proxy, but the .US site works (which is what I'm on now).

This will cut into my web browsing considerably at work. :)

So far so good here no problems but I bet I jinx myself now :D ;) :)

weird...its working now (at least the loggin in)

If I log in using the login on the left hand side I get that error but the login on top works fine

weird...its working now (at least the loggin in)

If I log in using the login on the left hand side I get that error but the login on top works fine

Had to try twice but logged in on the .com side now.

Can you keep the US just as a redirect or will Google penalize is there too?

Yes will will use the .us as a redirect with a 301 code that tells the search bots all content has moved to the .com :)

I must have missed the discussion if there was one... exactly why is this being done?

This may or may not be related, but.... hmmm, just see now that I'm at the .us site again....

Anyway, I've changed my bookmark to point to the .com site and not to .us anymore. Every time I return, I am no longer logged in. I've removed ALL *.satelliteguys.* cookies too. I see that logging in on the left-hand fields still gives the invalid redirect error and you end up at the .us site. So does using the top row login box. That's the problem, huh ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts