Converter With A Hibrid Digital & Analog Tuner ???

Paporro

Original poster
Jul 5, 2008
Hello Everybody:

Yes I know .. all the converters receive OTA digital programing !!!

But I need more than that ...

I want to find an inexpensive (RED Coupon Redeemable) Converter Boxes with a tuner capable to receive Analog CATV channels from a non-digital Cable TV Service ..

YES .. A CONVERTER WITH A HIBRID DIGITAL & ANALOG TUNER !!!

I need to know the Brand and Model of that boxes on the market ..
and where to buy it ...

PLEASE !!!

SOMEBODY HELP ME ,,, :confused:

They do NOT exist - PERIOD. The whole premise of making these boxes as cheap as possible, & being co-op'd by the gov, was to make them with the bare minimum to receive OTA digital (ATSC) SD signals ONLY. NOT any cable signals & NOT any analog OTA tuning, nor HD outputs. This program is ONLY to enable OTA ONLY SD viewers (NOT people w/cable &/or DBS) to keep receiving what they get for free today. That is also why they are making more models of these boxes w/analog pass-thru, for those areas with translators that will NOT be cutting over to digital on 2/17/09 - but again, even those boxes do not have analog tuning built in - because those existing TV's can do that same function.

If you want something like this, you'll need to fork out ALL the money on your own...

Hello Everybody:

Yes I know .. all the converters receive OTA digital programing !!!

But I need more than that ...

I want to find an inexpensive (RED Coupon Redeemable) Converter Boxes with a tuner capable to receive Analog CATV channels from a non-digital Cable TV Service ..

YES .. A CONVERTER WITH A HIBRID DIGITAL & ANALOG TUNER !!!

I need to know the Brand and Model of that boxes on the market ..
and where to buy it ...

PLEASE !!!

SOMEBODY HELP ME ,,, :confused:

Define inexpensive!

Amazon.com: Samsung SIR-T451 High Definition Terrestrial Tuner: Electronics

Honestly, you would be better off using an inexpensive RF A/B switch to switch between analog CATV (assuming your set is cable ready) and your digital to analog converter box.

The act specifically defines these devices as "Digital to Analog" converters. It makes no provision for subsidizing a tuner for a device that doesn't have one.

The best you can hope for is a converter with analog passthrough.

Run your cable to the RF in on TV to tune cable channels. Run antenna to the DTV converter box, feed the DTV converter box to TV with A/V cables (yellow,red and white)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)