converting a 105 to a 121 superdish?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rileyoradar

Original poster
Aug 2, 2004
I bought a 105 superdish on eBay when I thought I was getting a 121. Can I just purchace a new set of LNB's for a 121 and mount them right up or are there more differences between the 121 and the 105 superdish. Any ideas on where to look to find a good deal? Does anybody want to sell one or trade me. Thanks!

The bracket that holds the LNBs is specific to the 121/105 SD. The KU-FSS LNB (the one that picks up 105/121) is assembled into this bracket. Plus the spacing would be wrong if you try to reverse it. The only way to get it to work would be to trade your 105 bracket for a 121 bracket.

That being said, if you do not mind having two dishes you can just use the KU-FSS LNB from the SuperDish and point it at your choice of 121 or 105. Since you have a 105 superdish, if you point it at 121 it will pick up 121, but you will not recieve 119/110. But, you could hook up 119/121 from your Dish500. A two dish solution would work.

I essentially did this since I already had dedicated dishes for 119/110, so I just use the SD for 121 (in fact I am using a SD105 to get 121).

Good solution Mike. One thing - there's a typo or two in there regarding which satellites are which, but to sum it up:

Use a regular Dish 500 for 110/119. Use ANY SuperDish to get either of 105 or 121.

You'll have parts left over. :)

Greetings from a new member and from the posts that I've read so far, I'm sure I'll be a frequent visitor.

Now to business........I'm exactly in the same boat as far as having an SD 105 (donated by a good friend) but needing an SD 121 for some International Channels that I want. A couple of questions:

1. Is the 121 lnb bracket readily available or is one has to special order?

2. If I decide to take the option of mounting a 2nd dish and just use the SD for 121, do I simply use the SD 121 El, Az and Skew? My guess is that will not work because of the mounting bracket incompatibility.

Any installation & hookup info will be much appreciated.

You can point the superdish to the other slot, it works just fine (just change the skew/elevation/az to what the receiver says for the other slot). You just cannot get 119/110 if you are using the wrong SD. If you have a separate Dish500 lying around for 119/110, and do not mind 2 dishes just repoint your current SD.

Not to mention, only pointing the superdish to 105/121 and not 110/119 is a whole lot easier. Only the one bird to deal with.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts