Coolsat 4000 Pro Frozen

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bloomdog

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 20, 2006
My Coolsat 4000 Pro is frozen on one channel. Remote won't work; buttons on fron of unit don't work. The only control I have is the on/off switch in the back. This is not the first time I have had problems wiht this unit.
1. ANy ideas to fix it?
2. My guess is that it's dead--any suggestions to a RELIABLE receiver with USALS, 1.2 and blind scan.

Unplug rec from outlet, unplug the coax from dish, see if that will reset it.
Maybe you can get some functionality going so you can reload the firmware.

I've seen this behavior on my Coolsat 7000 when it is tuned to a channel with 4:2:2. Try holding down the menu channel up or down buttons on the remote while powering the receiver on.

What satellite and transponder were you pointing at when this happened?

I falshed it and also poicked up a new Coolsat 600 Premium. Now, my H-H motor is acting crazy. When trying to select any bird with USALs, the dish moves all the way to the west without stopping. There is no reset button on the motor! Any ideas??????

I put in new software and it's behaving better. It really screwed up my motor. WIth the help of a local FTA hobbyist, I was able to reset the motor by using the GO TO X command.

Did you get an SG2100? If so, it doesn't support USALS.

huh???????????????????????

It isnt the motor that supports USALS, its the receiver.

I have a SG2100 and it has supported USALS on the Pansat 1500, Pansat 3500, Coolsat 4000, Coolsat 5000, Coolsat 8000, Visionsat, Fortec Ultra, Pansat 6000, Pansat 5000, Captiveworks and the Buzz receivers I've owned over the last 4 years.

(I dont remember if the Neosat or Samsung supported USALS) ;)

The Coolsat 4000 you flashed is acting crazy with your motor?

Have you tried the new Coolsat 6000 you mentioned?
How does it work with the motor.
Hope you don't still have motor trouble with the 6k.
But, with all that equipment on hand, it'll be easy to trouble shoot the problem (if there is any with the motor).

The motor had lost it's bearings. It would get a command from the receivers, both the 4000 Pro and the 6000 Premium, and would go to like 90 degrees to the west of due south. Once I sent it a GO TO 0 command, it reset itself and is now working fine woth both Coolsats.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)