Please reply by conversation.

Seafoam

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 19, 2006
Caribbean
PSB,
Relative to FTAs " Coolsat pro 4000"
Can you tell me if I have to input Satellite Information in the Satellite setup area prior to locating a Sat or do I have to be on the Satellite page of the Sat I am trying to locate via the Dish. I see areas that have no Satellite informaton or settings at all if I was to search for a Sat that is not in the Bin file must this data on the Sat be entered prior to searching if I was using only the Fta signal meter ?
I see some information on some Sats. but should I search for one that is not listed how do I go about it...?

Sorry I do not have a coolsat, I would use a known LIVE transponder from the satellite you are trying to point at!

let us know what satellite and we can give you a Live TP.

PSB,
How does one set up a Satellite in the Settings on an FTA Coolsat 4000 pro, that is not listed I am trying to locate and find Galaxy 16@99.0 w with the BSC621-2 C/KU I am using the Fta meter and tone but am not sure what to put in the frq area ?
The Sats that arealready in the bin have a tone and if I hit that particular Sat the tones pitch increases as I zero in on it..However when I flip to a page where there is no Sat information and then add the Information of the Sat I would like as stated above Galaxy 16@99.0 w .. No tone sounds any ideas for me ?

I found this on LyngSat: Freq TP 3950 H tp 13 257 258 E

Is this what you refferrd to ? what do I do with it ?

Last edited:
Seafoam,
The firt transponder listed on Coolsat may not be active. Look at Lyngsat to find an active transponder. You will have to select the active transponder before making adjustments to the dish. In the Manual setup mode change the frequency to an active one or add the frequency which is active. Goodluck :)

I have a 4000, good starter box. I have the STB file available that you can stick into your box via the RS-232 serial cable. Be sure that if and when you load it, let the box reboot. I'll try to get you the file soon. Iceberg also has the STB file. His box has all his favorite channels and most satellites...some channels I removed :) I chose to add more feed paths (channlels). Seems like thats the lingo for a feed channel lately. A "path" (I.E. CBS Newspath)

The transponders are easy to add as well. I have a fun time adding them while trying to guess symbol rates if they aren't listed on Lyngsat. Nothing like seeing green bars and a good signal.

Good luck :up

Last edited:
what is the ms/s where is it on the Lyngsat ?

3950 H
tp 13

DVB 12296-?
Conus H J Hotsenpiller

WVXF-TV (CBS - St. Thomas) 257 258 E
WSJP-LP (UPN - Aquadilla) 513 514 E
WPRU-TV (ABC - Aquadilla) 769 770 E
WVGN-LP (NBC - Virgin Islands) 1025 1026 E

Hi Iceberg,
This is the data requested in the manual Scan area..
Freq. 00.000 Ghz = ?
Symbol Rate 00.000 Ms/s = 12.296 ?
Polarization = H
Search type ; All chan , FTA only, TV only ?? = ?
Network search on or off = ?

what should I use for theQuestion marks

Freq. 00.000 Ghz = 3.950
Symbol Rate 00.000 Ms/s = 12.296
Polarization = H
Search type ; All chan , FTA only, TV only = FTA
Network search on or off = off

LNB L.O. (LNB Freq.) frequency is 5150

Problem !!
It will not let me imput 3.950 as the frequence says it is invalid ? all the rest is ok

I tried that NG
it seems to want to take /accept settings up in the 12.750 ?? area

Last edited:
Check if you have set up the lnb L.O. value correct. If it is not correct, Coolsat does not allow you to enter the value. It should be 03.950 in Coolsat.

I do not see any area that asks for the L.O value ?
Question ? when I am in the LyngSat page for the Galaxy 16 Sat I notice when I move my cursor over the transponder Freq numbers there is a Mhz number popping up on the bottom of the computer screen it says 1200mhz ? could this be what I should be putting somewhere?

Is there an Mirc channel you guys know of I could go to at times ...?

Last edited:
NO! thats the IF. freq.

(IF - Intermediate Frequency. A frequency translation from baseband or RF to more easily filter, distribute, modulate and demodulate the signal.)

OK but where would I input the L.O. value 03.950 I dont see where it asks for this number ?

The L.O. (Local Oscillator) or LNB Freq. is 5150 and should have been entered in the antenna set up screen :)

03.950 is the Transponder Freq.

Sounds as if you are getting there........

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)