Coolsat 8100hd - EPG not working - Tried latest firmware.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

elfman

Original poster
Jul 30, 2008
Just got a Coolsat 8100hd.
HD Digital TV and FTA working great, however none of the EPG information showing.
Would have expected at least the DTV info to show (as it does on a separate apex
decoder box in house)

I've seen posts about fixing this via update firmware, however I've tried this
also without any progress.

Any ideas out there?

Regards, Brian.

Yep we have an idea you aint watching free to air tv because there is no Electronic program guide for 98% of it in the US market. Only a few channels on G25 have some guide info, and I think you have to subscribe to that company too.

elfman -

Are you referring to Over The Air guide info?
I was considering the HD Diamond (9000?) FTA receiver a while back, JUST to use the OTA, but it didn't do squat for guide, either. - :mad:

I didn't even care that it missed the mark as an FTA receiver, I was just going to use it for recording local shows, and it fell short. :(

The CS8000 was the same way....had EPG on OTA in the original software...just forgot the satellite software :rolleyes:

after that nada

@ turbosat - The CS 8100 HD is a combo FTA and ATSC (aka HDTV) recevier. I figured so for FTA, however would be nice if the ATSC/DTV would show EPG like my ATSC/DTV decoder box does (The box everyone is supposed to get by 2/09 for analog tvs).

@ anole - Yes, 'Over The Air Guide'. Too bad :(

Status
Please reply by conversation.

New desperate satellite freak

Coolsat 5000 Card Reader

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts