Coolsat or Viewsat?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

2devnull

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 12, 2005
I am looking at the VS 2000 Extreme and the Coolsat 5000 Platinum. Both I believe have component outs. Anyone have an idea which is a better receiver to get? Thanks.

I really like the Coolsat. I havent tried the new Viewsat yet (I worked with the old one that didnt have blind scan)

Viewsat Extreme

Iceberg said:
I really like the Coolsat. I havent tried the new Viewsat yet (I worked with the old one that didnt have blind scan)

Hi, welcome. I too am brand new to FTA. I have the Viewsat Exreme and really have no basis for comparison. The component outs and Hardware Blind scan are the only 2 features as near as I can tell that distinguish it from the Platinium.

The Picture Quality and AC3 sound are great on my Plasma TV.

HOWEVER, they really must learn how to write a manual, since the one included is NOT very good for us new people! The Blind scan feature is great, since I have not had enough experience finding things on my own yet (Awaiting a dedicated dish in transit...currently using it on my Big Ugly Dish (4DTV) which is a pain but it works!
Check out the review section!
here is a great link so you can see what you might receive. Look for the F letters (free)

http://www.lyngsat.com/

Regards
Jeff

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)