coolsat warranty on 6000

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gabshere

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 20, 2006
Rison , Arkansas
coolsat sites says it will not provide warranty on coolsat 6000 bought after oct 31 2007 so this line is going away as suspected.

it will provide warranty work on units bought before this date by authorized dealers. with a receipt ( and whatever implied cost from the website)

as with all FTA equipment check with warranty information before making your final purchase.

Ugh. I purchased a coolsat 6000 in Sept. 2007 and it has never worked properly and finally simply stopped powering on last Saturday.

Any suggestions on what to do? Ironically, I purchased the Coolsat 6000 because I thought my pansat 2700a wasn't working. But, I did a factory reset on my pansat and it is working fine now.

The bottom line is that I purchased the coolsat 6000 for no reason and it now doesn't work. Argh. I did see that it blindscans much faster than the pansat 2700. I don't want to spend a bunch of money fixing something that I don't absolutely need. But, given the cost of the purchase and the faster blind scan, I'd sure like to have it work.

Thoughts welcome!

they will still honor warranty work for those purchased before 31 Oct 2007 from an authorized dealer. with a receipt and processing fee (return shipping & handling)

stopped powering on, one of my coolsats acted somewhat close to this , it would power up & cycle on and off. i just reloaded the factory filmware and it works again.

they will still honor warranty work for those purchased before 31 Oct 2007 from an authorized dealer. with a receipt and processing fee (return shipping & handling)

stopped powering on, one of my coolsats acted somewhat close to this , it would power up & cycle on and off. i just reloaded the factory filmware and it works again.

Hhhmm. Where do I get the factory firmware and how do I load it on the machine? Many thanks for the idea! You described my problem almost exactly.

their website..... also its here on this site i will have to hunt for it.
you will need the loader & filmware

you will have to set it up ready to load from the computer and start it and power on the coolsat just right so it might take a few times to sync things.

their website..... also its here on this site i will have to hunt for it.
you will need the loader & filmware

you will have to set it up ready to load from the computer and start it and power on the coolsat just right so it might take a few times to sync things.

I think this is the website, right?

Coolsat USA - Official Web Site of Free To Air Satellite Receivers

It says that you need a "straight data cable". I'm afraid that isn't clear to me. What kind of cable do I need and where can I get one? Once you download the softward to your computer, how do you hook up and install it on the coolsat?

Again, thanks for your help!

There are two types of serial cables--a straight cable and a null cable. The difference is that the data wires are reversed on the null cable. The null cables are usually referred to as 'PC to PC' cables, and the straight cables are usually called 'PC to device' cables. A modem cable, for example, will work for you.

I found the cable that came with the unit. I hooked it up. I downloaded the software. I unzipped it. But, when I tried to open it my computer didn't know what program to use to open it. So, I then downloaded the loader program. But, again, my computer didn't know how to open it. I would really appreciate any guidance here on what I am doing wrong.

But, it may all be for nought. When I went to the coolsat web page, I clicked on the link for telling if you have a clone and I'm almost sure that I have a clone. Argh!! The place that I purchased this from had a certificate stating that they were an official coolsat reseller. Apparently, I've been had. Argh! Is there any chance that loading the coolsat software will make a clone work? And, is there anyone I should report this to?

Thanks.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)