Copying Files to Vip 622 Hard drive

rainmaker2

Original poster
Nov 6, 2007
Hey guys,

Newbie here. Great forum. I did a quick search, but after reading through about 6 or 7 posts of people copying content off the hard drives, here is my question:

Can I copy content to the hard drive?

and if so, will the receiver play it back? I'm assuming I'd have to use the right format (MPEG-4, etc..), but is there any reason why I couldn't upload a movie to the hard drive to watch?

Just wondering if anyone has tried this yet. Thanks! :up

If you pay for the service and connect the EHD to your 622, you can move content to your hard drive, not copy. The file will then be encrypted. The receiver will play the content back directly from the EHD. I haven't tried uploading a movie to the hard drive.

Hey Greg. Thanks for the info.

I knew about the external hard drive feature. I'm wondering if I can activate that drive, take it over to my Linux box, copy a movie (MPEG-4, AVI, etc...) to the drive, hook it back up to my ViP 622 receiver, and watch the content I just uploaded to it.

???

Anyone try that yet?

My bad. I misread the beginning of your original post. I thought you were asking about both things. I haven't tried what you are asking. Interesting idea though. Why would you want to do that as opposed to burning them to a DVD?

My bad. I misread the beginning of your original post. I thought you were asking about both things. I haven't tried what you are asking. Interesting idea though. Why would you want to do that as opposed to burning them to a DVD?

The main reason is because I'm lazy. ;)

Well if I can mount that hard drive on my network somehow, I can copy files from my PC to that share without getting up from the couch. (see the part where I said I'm lazy)

I'd be using this as a replacement for my Media Center.

Help please

Question about recording to a PC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)