Correct Azimuth ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

gitoby

Original poster
Sep 26, 2019
Niantic, CT
Hey all just a do it you selfer trying to figure out why my dish (and every other one in my neighborhood) is not pointing at the azimuth Dish Network calculates. The point dish screen in the installation menu with zip code (06357) entered and satellite 119 selected for a Dish 500 system calculates the azimuth to be 249 degrees, my dish is pointed at approximately 180 degrees? Everything works just fine, I discovered this when I had my roof replaced and needed to reinstall my dish, I put it back exactly where it was and =never changed the angle or skew so it is pointing in the same direction it was when I removed it. Anyone know if there is an alternate azimuth that could be used in certain situations? or am I loosing my mind!! I did verify my azimuth with two different compasses.

Hey all just a do it you selfer trying to figure out why my dish (and every other one in my neighborhood) is not pointing at the azimuth Dish Network calculates. The point dish screen in the installation menu with zip code (06357) entered and satellite 119 selected for a Dish 500 system calculates the azimuth to be 249 degrees, my dish is pointed at approximately 180 degrees? Everything works just fine, I discovered this when I had my roof replaced and needed to reinstall my dish, I put it back exactly where it was and =never changed the angle or skew so it is pointing in the same direction it was when I removed it. Anyone know if there is an alternate azimuth that could be used in certain situations? or am I loosing my mind!! I did verify my azimuth with two different compasses.
The AZ for Niantic on EA is 192, for WA is 253. Niantic is one of the areas where HD Locals are on both eastern and western arcs

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts